Complaint Review: salon ps

• Updated: Thu, January 17, 2013

• Reported By: kimberly1985 — Ohio United States of America
salon ps
100 North Main Street chagrin falls, Ohio United States of America

salon ps scam,do not work for,will not pay chagrin falls, Ohio

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: work for yourselfs you do not need this worthless co,mpany looosers

*UPDATE Employee: current employee for 1 year

*UPDATE Employee: Salon PS is NOT a rip-off

*UPDATE Employee: Facts Untrue

*Author of original report: thank you

I found this company on craigslist and they hired me on.First off they give you 40%% of your work.You do not get paid that day you have to wait for 2 weks to get paid.They do not allow you to take tips.Also all of their work is in a nursing home.The head person named Nicole Adams interviewed me and took all of my personal information including my banking information saying that they will give you a direct deposit.well once I was getting comfortable they fired me stating I did not do someones hair right,but said that I would get paid.Needless to say I have not been paid and I have been trying to get my check for months.This company is terrible and they do not intend to pay me.I  do not want anyone else to go through the grief that I am going through.Please do your research before working for this company!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/09/2010 09:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/salon-ps/chagrin-falls-Ohio-44022/salon-ps-scamdo-not-work-forwill-not-pay-chagrin-falls-Ohio-669777. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on salon ps

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

work for yourselfs you do not need this worthless co,mpany looosers

AUTHOR: amptp1 - (United States of America)

and you really do not think that you could of done this without the monkey on your back you do not need them. if you work for yourself guess what you get 100%. are you really that stupid to take 40% and no tips because you do not have the b*lls to work for yourself. what a looooser you are

current employee for 1 year

AUTHOR: Hairstylist since 2000 - (United States of America)

I've been employed at this company for a year.  In comparison to working at different salons since 2000, this is a blessing.  All your managers are far away.  You manage your own mini salon.  no co workers to steal products, gossip or get on your nerves.  If you are not a well seasoned stylist who can work will ALL different hair types, ethnicities etc, then this isn't for you.  You have to be able to go from relaxers to perms, to braids, to dreadlocks, to sets, to pedicures, to manicures, to mens haircuts & on top of all that work with elderly & disabled residents.  Like i said, i've been a licensed cosmetologist for ten years so i know how to handle comlaints from residents, management, owners, residents family members etc, while keeping a cool head.    Regular salons are full of rediculous, disgraceful, & ongoing drama & this is the best salon i've worked for.  My percentage is 50% but i've proven myself to be an asset to this company also.  If they make a mistake with my money i effectively communicate with them & make it very clear that it isn't acceptable, & i get my money.  This is the real world & to make this job work, you have to be well seasoned & know how to be an independent worker.  Im also still allowed to service residents, their familes & co-workers(& their families as well) all in the same salon.  The origional complainer just limited herself & didn't see the broader picture.  my income has increased significantly within only 1 year because of my people skills.  No bosses except thrpugh email. & faxes......this is a blessing. No managers there to micromanage you.  Make it work for you because regular salons are full of chaos & anyone who is in this women dominated industry will tell u the same. this is a dream & i've wanted an opportunity like this for a while.  Don't get me wrong, i contemplated quitting in the beginning because of the low pay but after talking to nicole(when she actually did work there) she informed me that i could do outside clients, co-workers, residents families etc.  I looked at this as a great opportunity to grow my clientele independently with the security of commission & not having to buy my own products or even pay rent.  One year later, I know GOD guided me to the right choice.  This is reality & its great!

Salon PS is NOT a rip-off

AUTHOR: Bella - (United States of America)

I am a current employee and I had to fill out the same paperwork you are complaining about. I am not sure where you "worked" before but I don't know of any salon that pays the same day you work. I waited 2 weeks for my check too--but it went into my account the morning they said it would. This company is NOT a rip-off. Honestly, it sounds like the hiring manager made a bad choice when she took you into the Salon PS Family. They DO NOT fire you for doing ONE persons hair wrong, you must have been doing LOTS wrong to actually get fired.  And yes----we are in nursing homes. IF you had done YOUR research, you would have known that. I hope they don't give you a check and if you're smart (and I don't think you are) you'd drop it and take the loss.

Facts Untrue

AUTHOR: naaloe - (United States of America)

I am very upset that a comment from an obviously upset fired former employee would be allowed to write untrue comments about Salon PS. Yes, you obviously had to fill out a application and tax informationthis is what you would have to do when you work for any reputable company. There is numerous companies that have to fire employees for not doing the job they are hired for, that does not make us a bad company. We have numerous employess that have worked for us for years and they will assure you they get paid and I am one of them.

AUTHOR: kimberly1985 - (United States of America)

I was about to call them and I came across this ad.I heard some things about the company thru a friend of mine and she too did not get paid. I am so glad that you put this up. She is still fighting for her money. I second this ad dont work for SALON PS.ITS A SCAM
Janice

They are racists as well.so beware!!

catonsville