Complaint Review: Salvage World

• Updated: Wed, December 11, 2013

• Reported By: Richard A — Saugus California
Salvage World
4701 SW 45th Street. Davie, Florida USA

Salvage World GSA Auctions, LLC401 E Las Olas Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, Florida USA Fraudulant, Negligent Misrepresentation, Decietful, Misleading Davie Florida

*Author of original report: 60 Day Holding

*Consumer Comment: Do you know why they said "60 days" for a refund?

Salvage World led me to believe they had a vehicle in their possession and that it was to be auctioned and sold to the highest bidder.  They requested a deposit and reflected me as the highest bidder on their website.  At the close of the auction I was sent an email, advising me that I was the highest bidder and that I should contact Salvage World immediately.

I made a follow-up call and learned that I had infact been out bid but I could up my bid if I wanted the vehicle.  I uped the bid.  I recieved another call the next day, advising the vehicle was not going to another auction and that it was selling for more money but I could up my bid if I wanted the vehicle.  I caught on to the scam and asked for a refund.  I was advised, however, that I would be forfitting large portion of the my deposit, should I request a refund before 60 days.

I was also advised that I could continue to look for vehicle that was in my price range.  I thought what the heck, I would see what develops.  I did find another vehicle, but low and behold, the same shinanagins occured.   This time I chose to request my refund as the 60 day mark had come and gone.

From that day forward, I have been requesting and promised my refund was/is being processed.

This is unfortunate and the reason there needs to be additional laws and regulations imposed on internet companies.  Based on the number of complaints I've read, I would imagine the owner of Salvage World or GSA Auctions, LLC has profitted in the millions as a result of this scam.  This should be stopped and if anyone knows is willing to open a class action law suit, you can count me in.

Regards,

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/11/2013 09:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Salvage-World/Davie-Florida-33314/Salvage-World-GSA-Auctions-LLC401-E-Las-Olas-Blvd-Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-USA-Fraudula-1106105. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Salvage World

60 Day Holding

AUTHOR: Richard Artman - ()

TERMS OF THE AGREEMENT WERE SPELLED OUT ON THE INTERNET SITE.

SALVAGE WORLD NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN!  I AM JUST SURPRISED THAT THEY ARE ABLE TO OPERATE THIS WAY, PARTICULARY AS A COMPANY THAT IS HELD IN THE UNITED STATES.

MY THOUGHT IS THIS IS SOME KIND OF PONZI SCHEME.

Do you know why they said "60 days" for a refund?

AUTHOR: FloridaNative - ()

I can only surmise, based on your post, that the original deposit you placed on the original bid was a charged to your credit card.

Credit card companies have a limitation on challenging the charges made to your card to 60 days. That's why they said you can receive a refund AFTER 60 days. It clearly was a set up so you wouldn't go to your credit card company and initiate a refund through the card company. This sounds unethical to me. Was there anything you signed or agreed to when you made the original bid? What were the terms and conditions?