Complaint Review: same day auto repair

• Submitted: Tue, August 27, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, August 27, 2013

• Reported By: mark — tulsa Oklahoma
same day auto repair
231 s adams rd sand springs, Oklahoma USA

same day auto repair, Randy mgr, also the mechanic on duty False charges, over charges, charges for work not performed sand springs Oklahoma

*UPDATE Employee ..inside information: For the record

Complete rip off at its best!!! Had a starter replaced. Was quoted $75 to $80.
They called me to tell me a bolt was cross threaded, one that was never removed, it was original from the factory. They didn t take the time to wd40 it and let it soak!!! They broke off the bolt. Randy then charged me over $190 which they NEVER ok d with me. He said the charge was to fix the threads on that bolt (I still have a broke off bolt that they did not fix) and to fix the threads of the other bolt that I was told by Randy came out very easy !!!! Why do you need to fix threads of a bolt that was easily extracted??????? Now to boot my wipers do not work and my abs light is on!!!!!!!!  NEVER NEVER take your vehicle to these thieves, what they are doing is criminal!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2013 07:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/same-day-auto-repair/sand-springs-Oklahoma-74063/same-day-auto-repair-Randy-mgr-also-the-mechanic-on-duty-False-charges-over-charges-c-1079637. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on same day auto repair

#1 UPDATE Employee ..inside information

For the record

AUTHOR: Same Day Auto Repair - ()

Number 1: We do not normally install client supplied parts.

Number 2: The customer was notified that the mounting hardware was giving us issues and he informed us that he had issues when he tried to replace the starter prior to us seeing it.

Number 3: 1 of the 3 bolts broke off and the other 2 came out, however they damaged the threaded holes as the came out and we had to repair theads in the housing and the bolt threads just in order to reinstall the hardware.

This was the first time for the client to visit us and we were attempting to help this client out by using his already purchased starter. I realize this client may feel like he was over charged, but on the same note we thought he would understand and would be willing to compensate us for our efforts.

This was not the case. For the record I feel this client did not complete the story, because he left out the part that the following day we refunded him the additional labor monies, no questions asked.