Complaint Review: same day loans green dot moneypak

• Submitted: Fri, October 19, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, October 31, 2012

• Reported By: bobbyplow — carthage North Carolina United States of America
same day loans green dot moneypak

same day loans green dot moneypak SCAM ALERT SAME DAY LOANS GRRENDOT MONEYPAK , Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Green Dot Corporation Response

I want to say this is a first for me to be taken advantage of on any money transactions.  I had filled out an application online, and was contacted by samedayloans.com.  After giving Brent Anderson the information that he asked for he told me that I was approved for a $2,000.00 loan.  He said that it would take 90 minutes to transfer the money into my bank account.  After about 30 minutes Brent called me back and told me that since it was an unsercured loan that I would need to make a good faith payment of $386.33 which would be re-deposited into my account along with the $2,000.00 loan.  He said that I needed to send it via Greendot Moneypak, so I head to get the Moneypak.  After I get the Moneypak I read on the back of it warning of scams, so I called Brent back and he had a rep from Greendot call me, which was right, because I re-dialed the number and it was Greendot number.  So, I felt like everything was on the up and up.  Then, after I sent the money, I found this report, and knew that I been scammed.  I called Same day loan, and then they were even trying to get me to send more money to pay taxers.  When I requested my $386.33 back, he told me that I would have to pay $69.99 cancellation fee.  What a rip-off......both SAMEDAYLOANS, and GREENDOT MONEYPAK are scammers.  Please do not get taken like I did.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/19/2012 06:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/same-day-loans-green-dot-moneypak/internet/same-day-loans-green-dot-moneypak-SCAM-ALERT-SAME-DAY-LOANS-GRRENDOT-MONEYPAK-Internet-957412. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on same day loans green dot moneypak

Green Dot Corporation Response

AUTHOR: Green Dot Corporation - (USA)

We apologize for your experience.  We assure you that MoneyPak is a safe and secure way to reload prepaid cards, add money to Paypal accounts and even make a same-day payment to our approved partners. Green Dot does not contact customers to request MoneyPak payments as a way to pay forloans. We are not affiliated with Sameday Loans. We ask that you only provide MoneyPak to approved partners, which you can find on our website. Our packaging and website include Fraud Warnings and we remind you to treat MoneyPaks like cash. We will assist in cases of potential fraud and will do our best to recover funds if possible. Unfortunately, we are not able to guarantee a refund once the MoneyPak numbers have been provided to a company or individual. We are looking into the company that contacted you and ask that you contact the MoneyPak helpline at 1-800-473-3636 if you need help with your MoneyPak.