Complaint Review: SAMS CLUB, ATHENS, GA

• Submitted: Sun, October 27, 2013
  • Updated: Sun, October 27, 2013

• Reported By: FLEECED — MONTGOMERY Alabama
4365 Atlanta Hwy BOGART, Georgia USA

I purchased a $1000.00 Nikon outfit to possibly back up my two Nikon 200D cameras on Oct. 25th.  They had to retrieve the box from within a locked cage.

After getting the package to the house I read the specs very closely and decided the camera would not do for what I wanted.  Too much difference.

The box was never opened by me, and returned to the store this morning, Oct 27th. Customer service called electronics clerk to check out the package to be sure everything was there.

Guess what!  The camera and one lense was missing, maybe more, I don't know. The store is going to have their AP guy look into it and let me know what he finds.

Been shopping at Sam's for probably 15 years, first problem with them. I may have to eat over $1050 for a camera I don't have and never had.

I am sure it was employee theft.  Now to wait and see if they can find out who took it.  If they don't/can't; then I have learned a very expensive lesson.  Inspect the contents of every box/package, whether it comes out of a locked cage or not.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/27/2013 08:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SAMS-CLUB-ATHENS-GA/BOGART-Georgia-30622/SAMS-CLUB-ATHENS-GA-SOLD-PACKAGE-WITH-MOST-OF-CONTENTS-MISSING-BOGART-Georgia-1095003. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SAMS CLUB, ATHENS, GA