Complaint Review: SAMS CLUB

• Updated: Mon, January 06, 2014

• Reported By: florence, ms — FLORENCE Mississippi
SAMS CLUB
90 BASS PRO DR PEARL, Mississippi USA

SAMS CLUB MAKES YOU PURCHASE ROAD HAZZARD ON NEW TIRES AND THEY WONT FIX YOUR TIRES WHEN SOMETHING HAPPENS. PEARL Mississippi

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Need more information

*Consumer Comment: A question...

I purchased new tires at Sams Club Feb 7, 2013 and they made me purchase the road hazzard for an additional $60.00.  Was told that if anything happened could bring back and they would fix.

I asked for the manager, Michael came out and said he would let me purchase another tire and buy additional road hazzard insurance.  I told him I could not and just wanted my tire fixed and it was still good and had lots of tread.  He said I could either purchase a new tire or leave.  And also told me that if I took it anywhere else to get fixed they would void the road hazzard.

I asked him to refund my road hazzard and he rufused.  Michael was very rude.  We left and went to another shop and paid to have my tire fixed.

Sams should not be aloud to keep getting away with this, they treat customers wrong.  You have to buy a membership to shop there, then when you buy tires they make you purchase road hazzard that you cant even use.  such a rip off.

I will never shop there again!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2014 07:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SAMS-CLUB/PEARL-Mississippi-39208/SAMS-CLUB-MAKES-YOU-PURCHASE-ROAD-HAZZARD-ON-NEW-TIRES-AND-THEY-WONT-FIX-YOUR-TIRES-WHEN-1113435. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SAMS CLUB

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Need more information

AUTHOR: TeeJay - ()

First, I currently do not work for Sam's Club.  I do know however how their tire policy works.  They do not FORCE you to buy the road hazard.  In fact, they don't even sell it seperately.  It comes in the installatoin package which is $15 per tire.  That includes installation, balance, valve stems, old tire disposal and lifetime road hazard and tire rotation.

You are leaving out some very important information.  Where exactly was the nail?  If it was in the sidewall or split a cord, it is against DOT regulations to repair the tire as it's too dangerous to drive even after repair.  If your tire needed to be replaced, they would pro-rate a new tire based on how much tread is left.  I have bought all my tires since 1991 from Sam's Club and I was there last week with 2 tire issues which they resolved.  You need to give full details of your story as it doesn't add up.

Also, if someone else repaired your tire and the nail was in the sidewall or on a cord, I will strongly recommend replacing that tire as it will surely blow out.  Be safe!

A question...

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

"I purchased new tires at Sams Club Feb 7, 2013 and they made me purchase the road hazzard for an additional $60.00"

How was Sam's able to "make you purchase" road hazard insurance?  Did they threaten you if you didn't?

"Well, got a small screw in my tire Dec 29, 2013 took it to be repaired, and the mechanic told us that company policy would not allow him to fix."

Did the mechanic explain why the tire was unrepairable, other than "company policy?"  If the damage to the cords is significant or in the sidewall, it's NOT repairable.

I REALLY have a hard time believing they FORCED you to buy the road hazard insurance.  I recently replaced the tires on my minivan at Sams and NOBODY "Forced" me to buy the insurance, and I didn't.