Complaint Review: Sam's club

Sam's club
Waterloo, Iowa USA

Sam's club Fired for Pulling My Ham string Muscle Waterloo Iowa

*Consumer Comment: Some questions

I was working at Sam's club

I was there for a month when I pulled my hamstring muscle outside of work.

I called them to let them know what had happened they told me when I come in next I had to bring in a doctor's excuse. So later that day I went to the doctor an they told me they wanted me off work for three days, I called Sam's to let them know first time no one answered the phone.  Second time two hours later I called again an the person that answered told me that there wasn't a manner available.

I called the next day same time got no answer the first three times an was told again when answered that no manager was available. Next day was my check up for my leg they didn't like how it was healingso they took me off work for another two days I tried calling several more times I contacted a very close friend that I worked with an she told me that they planned to fire me if I didn't show that next day, which I wasn't scheduled to work. So again I called I finally got ahold of my manager they told me that a doctor's note only covered three days an that they no longer needed me.

Nicole

Waterloo, Iowa

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2013 10:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sams-club/Waterloo-Iowa-50702/Sams-club-Fired-for-Pulling-My-Ham-string-Muscle-Waterloo-Iowa-1088908. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sam's club

Some questions

AUTHOR: MochaG - ()

I am sorry to hear about your situation. However, I have a few questions after I read your story.

1) Were you still under probation while you were working there? In other words, did the company put on a probation period on you? The reason is because you said you have been working with them for 1 month. Normally, a big company would not accept an employee as a full time worker without probate. This probation period allows them to terminate their employees who are still in probation. It is simply a test that the employees can work for them and are doing a good enough job.

2) How did you submit the doctor note to your manager? In your report, you said nothing about passing the note to them, somehow your manage knows about the 3-day period at the end of your report.