• Report: #1110566

Complaint Review: Samsung

  • Submitted: Thu, December 26, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, December 26, 2013

  • Reported By: George — Sidney Ohio
2901 Summit Ave. Plano, Texas USA

Samsung Cell Phones Galaxy S3

*General Comment: customer care...

What's this?
What's this?
What's this?
Is this
Ripoff Report
About you?
Ripoff Report
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
commitment to
customer satisfaction
Click here now..

Does your business have a bad reputation?
Fix it the right way.
Corporate Advocacy Program™

SEO Reputation Management at its best!

In July of 2013 I purchased a Samsung Galaxy SIII because I had heard how nice they were and how much bigger their screnes were.  For a while I really loved the phone.  I went as far as to buy a protective case and screne protectors for it.  This is something I have never done for any other phone.

In October I started noticing that it was not charging the way it should.  So I called Boost who took the information from the phone, and tried to find what it could be.  When they could not find anything they gave me the number for Samsung Care, and told me to call them since the phone was still under warrenty.

When I called I waited for 40 minutes before I even got to an operator.  When I finally did talk to someone and told her what was wrong with the phone, she told me that it was still covered by the warranty.  She set everything up to send the phone in for repair. [continued below]....

.....  Then she told me that the phone would be set back to factory settings so I would need to back everything on the phone up.

I received the email with the shipping lable that I printed and sent the phone to them.  After not hearing anything from them I went to the website to track my repair.  When I got there it said that the problem was not resolved.  When I saw this I called Samsung Care to find out what that meant.  I waited another 30 minutes to speak with anyone.  When I did finally speak with someone I was told that the warrenty was being voided do to physical damage and that it was being sent back to me unrepaired because it would cost more than a new phone to repair.  I then asked, why not replace it then?  To which I was told the warranty was voided.  I said that the warranty says repair or replace.  Then she told me that they do not have phones there to replace phones.  Then they said that the charger port had been pulled away from the motherboard.  When I asked how that could have happened I was told that they could not speculate on how the phone was damaged.  I said that I was told that the damaged would be covered by the warranty, to which I was told that the warranty was being voided.  I asked again how this damage could have happened, I was told that it happened when the phone was dropped.  To this I told them that the phone had never been dropped.  To that they said that they could not speculate on how the phone was damaged.  I then told them that it was funny how they said the phone was dropped when it was not, and now they will not speculate on how the phone was damaged, but they will tell me that I was the one who damaged it.  To this I was told that they could not speculate on how the phone was damaged.

I then asked to speak with a supervisor, and was put on hold.  I was on hold for about 20 minutes before the supervisor finally got on the phone.  I told him that I need to know why my warranty was voided when the phone was handled with kit gloves fro the 4 months I have had it.  He then told me that he could not speculate how the phone was damaged.  I told him that I did not want to hear that again.  I told him that I paid $400 for this phone, I bought a protective case that would protect the phone up to a 6 stoty drop, and screne protectors to keep it safe.  The phone had never been dropped and I would even send in pictures of the case showing that there is no damage to it either.  To this he said, I can not speculate on how the phone was damaged.  To this I got upset and hung up on him, and decided that when I got the phone back I could still use it, it just takes longer to charge and I would take it and see about getting it fixed.

When I got the phone back, I took it in and turned it on and they had done nothing that I could see to the phone.  All of the stuff I backed up was still on the phone.  This made me think that maybe it was taken apart, but nothing else was done to it.  Then I noticed that the phone could use a charge, so I plugged it in.  When I did this it did nothing.  It does not even acknowledge that the charger is plugged into it.  So I called Sumsung care back and told them that the phone was worse than it was when I sent it to them.  They told me that it could have gotten worse in the flight.  To this I asked, oh you can speculate on how this happened?  Then I asked what was going to be done about this?  The answer I got was that they could not do anything because the warranty was voided.  Then I asked, shouldn't I get the phone back at least in the same shape that I sent it to you in?  I was told that there was nothing that they could do because the warranty had been voided.

So I again asked to speak to a supervisor, and was put on hold for another 20 minutes.  When the supervisor finally got on the phone all he would say is that the warrenty was voided.  Every question I asked this is what I got.  So I asked to speak to someone over him, to which he told me that there was nobody over him.  Then he told me how to get to the link on the website on how to get a hold of the corperate offices, or so he said. 

Then I sent an email to them to which they told me to call Samsung Care.  I sent them another email stating that this is where my problem was.  They sent me one back and said they would get a hold of me when they knew what was going on.  After 3 weeks of not hearing anything I sent another email asking what was going on.  To this I got an email saying, "we see that the technicians have physically examined the device and determined that it is under BER as pad lifted on the I/F connector because of which it has been shipped un repaired. We are sorry to inform you that the E-Mail channel you have reached is dedicated for technical queries on Samsung US devices and the information on repair is limited because of which we are unable to provide information regarding the damage. We will get back to you once we receive the updated information from the concerned department."

To me this shows that Samsung all the way to the highest levels do not care about their costumers, only their money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/26/2013 09:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Samsung/Plano-Texas-45365/Samsung-Cell-Phones-Galaxy-S3-1110566. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Samsung

Search for additional reports

If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:

Search Tips
Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Also a victim?
What's this?
Repair Your Reputation!
What's this?
0Author 1Consumer 0Employee/Owner
Updates & Rebuttals

#1 General Comment

customer care...

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

 Customer service doesnt mean that they give you your way AFTER you have damaged your phone. There is only two ways the power plug on a GS3 fails. Dropping the phone, or pulling the charger out roughly. It can happen when you USE the phone while it is charging. You are putting a lot of heat out when you use a smart phone while it is charging.

The reason they "will not speculate" is quite simple. 99% of all phone issues including damages is ALWAYS on the customer. They just didnt want to tell you that you broke your toy. The reason is even simpler, they do not want to call you out on it. That why they say they cannot speculate. When you recieved your phone it was working just fine. It was during the course of YOUR use that damaged this phone. You can complain all you like but it is what it is. The power plug doesnt just come loose. FORCE has to be applied at some point. You say you dont drop your phone, but the damages didnt just show up on their own with no predicating circumstance. One of the incidents that I suggested has happend.

Now to address your problem. You have two options as I see it. One you can find a wireless toyz shop and they can resolider the power plug back on the board. There is a chance they can fix it this way. A slim one, but still a chance. Two: You can buy a battery charger specific to YOUR phone. Digital Energy makes a GS3 battery/charger combo. As you have a battery already, all you would have to do is keep one on the charger and one in your phone. Your phone is still useable but it will take an extra effort.

Respond to this report!
What's this?
Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Also a victim?
What's this?
Repair Your Reputation!
What's this?