Complaint Review: Sands Chevrolet - Suprise

• Updated: Fri, November 22, 2013

• Reported By: thespymaster007 — Waddell Arizona
Sands Chevrolet - Suprise
16991 W Waddell Rd Surprise, Arizona USA

Sands Chevrolet - Suprise Sands Chevrolet BUYER BEWARE OF DOING BUSINESS WITH SANDS CHEVROLET Surprise Arizona

Having moved to the Surprise, Arizona area last year, I have been using Sands Chevrolet in Surprise to service all my vehicles for the past 12 months and spent over $7500 on maintaining my GM vehicles at their dealership with no issues and have been completely satisfied with my Service Advisor "Oscar" , so Sands Chevrolet gain my trust and loyalty as a customer. So when we decided to purchased the new 2014 Corvette Stingray , we decided to let Sands Chevrolet get the business from us. We dealt with Chris Scott the "sales manger" on the Stingray. Two things that made us a little concerned about the Stingray purchase: 1) Sands Chevrolet had a "market adjustment price of $10,000 2) Several scratches all over the Stingray

Now, knowing the demand for the 3LT/Z51's were on constraint and would take 6-8 months to get one ordered the way we liked, we negotiated the "market adjustment" price to about half of what they were asking and completely satisfied with agreed price to purchase Now in regards to the scratches, I was told was MINOR and that Chris Scott made the guarantee , that they would take it to their car detailer (on a flatbed) of choice in Scottsdale (az) and the scratches would be removed , that was no problems. So as stated above, since the service department of Sands Chevrolet gained my trust for the past 12 months, I figured the Sales Department would be good as well.

I even text my service advisor "Oscar" and he informed me as well upfront about all the scrathes / damage via text and I told him about Chris Scott's guarantee! So we purchased the Stingray on a Saturday, with the understanding we were to bring it back the following Monday, since I was going to SEMA for a week, and would give Sands Chevrolet plenty of time to resolve the problem. Came back a week later to pick-up the Stingray and immediately can tell the Stingray is worse than at time of sale! Whomever Sands Chevrolet hired to detail the Stingray, obviously buffed to hard, as the clear is burnt on several spots on the Stingray and now the orange peel is very prominent and the paint runs are highly visible and most of the scratches are still their.

And someone at Sands Chevrolet or the car detailer they hired put 25 miles of joy riding on the Stingray during this week and I was pissed as you have to break in these cars correct!! Then it was disclosed to me by the "Service Department" that the very same Stingray I purchased and was told the scratches were minor and would be fixed by Chris Scott at time of sale, was in fact already inspected by GM 1-2 weeks prior to my purchase for the body damage issues were already denied by GM, as GM found the culprit to be Sands Chevrolet. Chris Scott was not their the day I picked up the Stingray,

so I returned the next day , and asked him what he planned to do about fixing the issues and his only reply to me was " Your issues have been annotated" and I asked him WTF does that mean and proceeded to walk off! Then feeling frustrated , went on the below Corvette Forum and post my RANT and was very surprised at the responses I got. It NOW appears Sands Chevrolet knew they had a problem with the C7 they sold me and even slapped it with a Market Adjustment price Read post #6 from "BATMAN32" at:

forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...ed-to-odo.html Read Post #16 from "BATMAN32"

forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...the-doors.html Read Post # 71 from "LASTCOWBOY ( I have his real identity and shocking about he told me)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/22/2013 09:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sands-Chevrolet-Suprise/Surprise-Arizona-85388/Sands-Chevrolet-Suprise-Sands-Chevrolet-BUYER-BEWARE-OF-DOING-BUSINESS-WITH-SANDS-CHEVR-1101446. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sands Chevrolet - Suprise