Complaint Review: Sanford brown college

• Updated: Wed, May 08, 2013

• Reported By: Heather — Fairview heights Illinois
Sanford brown college
1011 Eastport plaza drive Collinsville, Illinois USA

Sanford brown college Gave me poor schooling lied about the job market booming horrible teachers no real education Collinsville Illinois

I went to Sanford Brown College for over a year. Earning my medical billing and coding degree. I was shockspa when I was in orientation they said the market at that time was booming for medical billeTA and in 1 year I'd graduate get a job a week or two after and earn over $20.00 an hour.

I was eager and ready the first few classes were ok but it's easy power point after power point and most test we could take home like our midterm felt like I wasn't learning anything and as the weeks went by I felt over whelmed with all the knowledge that could be cramed into a 10 week course w 30 plus people to a class room. When asked for help I either got ignored or told to hire a tutor. Shocked by that I couldn't help but think why am I paying you all this money if you can't even provide a tutor.

Because of this I had to hold on my schoolIng for 10 weeks fall behind because I couldn't afford the tuition books tutor plus the time off work. and this was all within the first semester. So I decided to get their direct loan. They said is be able to pay this off by the first year or two out of the schooling. At the time I then had to quit my job at burgerking and guess what I graduated in 2011 and it's 2013 and I still work at burgerking.

I just feel taken advantage of lied to and now they have been harassing me to pay lay loans. I have been struggling for almost two years trying to find a job in my career but a lot of company's will say we can't hire you because you are a Sanford brown student. They won't come out an say it like that but they defenitly hint towards that. I am single working one job bc that's all I can find I this state I make maybe 5 to 6 hundred a month w a $500 rent. I have just recently got a letter saying since it has been over 270 days since I have paid they are either A. Goimy to garnesh my wages or B. sue me and its not even Sanford brown their campas closed down a year ago I think and I'm now being harassed by Le Cordon Bleu. I have defered twice and no one has notified me to see if the paper work went through and I'm still getting mail asking me dot do so if I'm having financial hardship. If their is anyone who can help me out much appreciated.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/08/2013 10:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sanford-brown-college/Collinsville-Illinois-62234/Sanford-brown-college-Gave-me-poor-schooling-lied-about-the-job-market-booming-horrible-1049497. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sanford brown college