Knife

• Updated: Tue, December 28, 2010

• Reported By: monalisa6322 — Woodstock, Georgia United States of America
Sanford Brown Institute
Hammond Dr Atlanta, Georgia United States of America

Sanford Brown Institute Billed 5800.00 for 3 months of school.. Atlanta, Georgia

I went to Sanford Brown for 3 months and a few days. My child became very ill so I had to stay out of one of the MODS. I was unable to take a L.O.A. I was out for 2 weeks and one of the people that are in the payment centers left a message for me to get up off my @@@ answer my $$$$ phone and pay my $$$$ bill. I called the school back and reminded them I had been gone for two weeks and it was uncalled for to leave me a message like this. They also went over what I owed. I rec'd a bill from Sallie Mae 6 months later with almost the same amount which made my bill close to $6,000 for 3 months of school which is stupid. I told the school there must be a mistake I asked them to send me a bill with each item I owed for .They never sent it. Sallie Mae told me I should not owe the school anything only lenders. I let the school know all of the information I found out yet they still are nasty on the phone with me pushing me to pay more and more.I do not mind paying what I owe however 3 months of school for almost $6,000.00 is way too much for a single Mom to be ripped off. I have worked hard to keep my credit good and I am paying what I can. They refuse to take what they agreed to and each time try to force you to pay more. It is my belief that they are trying to make me pay back the Pell Grant money.BTW SB when talking to me about my final bill told me that amount was all I owed almost $3,000. that seemed reasonable for the 3 months I was here. I was floored when I rec'd Sallie Mae's bill also. The two combined almost make it the $6000. I also was going to be an Ultra Sound Tech. The lady that interviewed me at the school told me both programs where 13,000 grand for both so the total was 26,0000...together. I had no clue the Ultra Sound was$ 37,000 at my age I would have never taken on that debt I am 43.She also failed to mention that they only picked 30 students or 25 whatever it is to go to the Ultra Sound prgram and you can end up on a waiting list. Lets face it at my age not that I am old but I can't wait 2 to 3 years to finsh school. I would have gone somewhere eles if the facts and not lies where told to me.I am glad I was forced to get out and not have the full debt of going till I finshed . I was so happy I was in College, getting a bright future for my child and me. Now I will pay back what I owe however I can not give them extra money I do not have.I see a lot of graduates are having different issues, with getting jobs what about the bills ? This school needs to be set up to where it can not and will not be able to prey or rip people off. So why won't the news people send someone here undercover to help us? See for yourself I invite you to go to sn interview with one of the reps. See for yourself everyone on here is telling the truth. About everything ,I can't figure out the accrediting part why can't you transfer your credits I think that is where the fraud is, and the money. Also why do Government Grants and lenders pay these people ? They need to disclose in the interview you can not transfer credits,that gives you a red flag. I hope someone figures out what they are doing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2010 07:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sanford-Brown-Institute/Atlanta-Georgia-/Sanford-Brown-Institute-Billed-580000-for-3-months-of-school-Atlanta-Georgia-676165. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sanford Brown Institute