Complaint Review: Sanford Brown Institute

675 US 1 Iselin, New Jersey United States of America

Sanford Brown Institute Stolen My Pride... Iselin, New Jersey

*Author of original report: Waste Of Time For Medical Billing and Coding

*Consumer Comment: comment

Well I went to Sanford Brown by in 2007 for ultra sound tech and they told me I need credit to do that and suggested medical assistant or billing and coding. I decided medical assistant since I already took it except pharmarcy. They wanted me to do medical billing and coding so I said ok. Not realize that they just wanted to fill the class up for that course. The administer told me I could get a manager at a doctor office.

To make a long story short I took the course pass and graduate but still can't find a job in the field. I believe it a rip off cause one billing and coding is two different course two you're just going for billing cause what coding you have two get a degree to become a Medical Coder. I am extremely upset cause schools like this are ripping people off with this course by false advertisement. I want to sue. I shouldn't have to pay a student loan. I got nothing out of it. Just a waste of time. Sanford Brown SUCKS............................

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/15/2011 08:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sanford-Brown-Institute/Iselin-New-Jersey-/Sanford-Brown-Institute-Stolen-My-Pride-Iselin-New-Jersey-777358. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sanford Brown Institute

Waste Of Time For Medical Billing and Coding

AUTHOR: alias - (United States of America)

Well I went to Sanford Brown back in 2007 for ultrasound technician and they told me I need 24 credits to do the course and suggested medical assistant or medical billing and coding. I decided medical assistant since I already took it in 2003 except pharmacy. They wanted me to do medical billing and coding so I said ok. Not realizing that they just wanted to fill the class up for that course. The administer told me I could become a manager at a doctor's office.  To make a long story short I took the course pass and graduate but still can't find a job in the field. They either want experience or speak another language. I believe it a rip off because for one, medical billing and coding is two different courses, two you're just going for billing cause, coding you have to get a degree to become a professional Medical Coder. It should be called Medical Administration Assistant not Medical Billing and Coding. I am extremely upset cause schools like this are ripping people off with this course by false advertisement. I want to sue. I shouldn't have to pay a student loan. I got nothing out of it. Just a waste of time.

AUTHOR: Jeanski - (USA)

I abhor these stories about schools that mislead and misinform postential students just to increase their enrollment.  However, if I were you I'd think about suing the high school that let you graduate with such deplorable writing skills.