- Report: #1053168
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Sanjay Gosain- Rental Home Owner
Sanjay Gosain- Rental Home Owner12904 Cloverly Drive Upper Marlboro , Maryland USA
Sanjay Gosain- Rental Home Owner Rip Off Security Deposit with No Deed of Lease- Increased Rent above Amount Renter can Afford and Refuses to Talk or Return Security Deposit by Owner and Agent Company Owner-Upper Marlboro MD / Fairfax-Greenbelt MD Both-Maryland
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Moved in Home Owner Property on March 3, 2013
Found there to be many problems with the house that needed repairs once moved in such as broken windows throughout entire house, and other issues with home
Agent stated to produce new lease to be signed; she never produced lease to be signed to stay on property; I never received any forms from agent or home owner
Home owner stated will increase rent from $2000.00/month to $2250/month for pets and not return any portion of funds at end of year even if there is no damage. My agent stated Owner went over the amount that I qualified for or can afford; My agent stated to leave property due to scam on owners part and that I have no legal rights to continue to stay on property with no lease
I addressed my concerns with home owner and agent in writing and certified mail of my move-out date and to return security deposit. I left property on April 2, 2013
-I requested walk-through but both owner and agent refused walk through. I returned keys certified to Home Owner address provided to me on the Maryland Department of Assessment and Taxation, which is the same property that I had resided on for four weeks. He has three addresses listed. One address is a false address, second address is the address I resided at for four weeks and third address is an empty house in which is located on his drivers license.
- I have filed a summon in court, it has now past the 45 day period of returning security deposit and/or response to security deposit. I will be refiling and have a sheriff to serve notice to defendent since my court date has now been canceled due to the lack of response from Home Owner and Home Owners Agent and District Manager. Realitor Compant and agent have both stated that they can not help me in this case. They are out of the situation.
-I need assistance in how to retrieve my security deposit plus 3 times the amount for non-response to summons, court fees, and all other fees that are involved at this time.
-I have called, texted and sent many letters to Home Owner and Agent to respond to me as to why they refuse to return my security deposit and other monetary owed but both will not talk to me or respond to certified notification
- My agent will not get involved with this issue either due to he states he has done his part in getting me in the house only. But he guided me to leave the property due to his words "illegal activity" on the home owners part and there is nothing more he can do but for me to take the homeowner to court
- I need guidance at this point as to my next steps to take. I have talked to legal aid but no prevail. Lawyers want to charge a retainer fee of $1000.00 to look into the case, in which I can not afford. Please assist me with this matter. THe homeowner had cashed the security deposit on March 5, 2013.
- I feel I have been scammed!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2013 11:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sanjay-Gosain-Rental-Home-Owner-/Upper-Marlboro-Maryland-20785/Sanjay-Gosain-Rental-Home-Owner-Rip-Off-Security-Deposit-with-No-Deed-of-Lease-Increa-1053168. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.