• Report: #632045

Complaint Review: Santander Consumer USA, Formerly Known As Drive Financial Services

• Submitted: Mon, August 16, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, August 17, 2010

• Reported By: J K — PASADENA California United States of America
Santander Consumer USA, Formerly Known As Drive Financial Services
DALLAS, TX DALLAS, Texas United States of America
  • Phone: 888-222-4227
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Santander Consumer USA, Formerly Known As Drive Financial Services I called Santander as my payments have been behind due to my husband being out of work. I am trying the best i can to catch up with my payments. I called them 07/23 to see what i can do to catch up an DALLAS, Texas

*Consumer Comment: My story RE: Santander/Drive Fnancial

I called Santander as my payments have been behind due to my husband being out of work. I am trying the best i can to catch up with my payments. I called them 07/23 to see what i can do to catch up and i spoke with Madela who told me  her code was MP and that if i pay 563.74 with her on my 06 toyota and set up an automatic payment of 563.74 for 08/13 i would qualify for a deferment that would bring me current and my next payment would be due in September 2010. We did the same set up for my 03 Chevy Trailblazer. I did a payment of 510.95 that day and set up an automatic payment for 08/13 for the amount of 408.87.  she said that in order to qualify for the deferment i MUST call in on 8/14 to requst the deferment. which i did! i called in 08/4 and spoke with Tanya who told me she had no code number but that her employee id was 1221542. I told her exactly what madela explained to me to request deferment to bring my account current so that my next payment is due in september.  She proceeded to tell me that she needed a reference without telling me why. i asked a dozen times why she would need that as this is my personal information and its no one else's business. i told her i had my husbands information, she put me on hold. finally came back only to tell me that i cannot use my husband as a reference. i then gave her my sisters information, even tho i did not want to. i felt that it was invasion of my privacy to air my dirty laundry like this, i even told her that i cant believe that they are going to embarass me like that. she told me she would not be able to request a deferrment for me unless i gave her this information.  i then call today 08/16 to check on my deferrment only to be first put on hold by my first representative, then i call back and the 2nd rep would not speak with me unless i gave her my plate numbers, which i do not have. Finally i get a really nice rep who said she would do all she could to help me and not to hang up. she comes back and says that my deferrment request was approved and that i have a regular payment due 08/17, i then explained that its an error it should be due in september, she said the request was for 2 months. i asked her if she could pull up the recording, she put me on hold for 25 minutes. i call back and have my husband speak to another rep she asked him to hold and she told him that there wasn't a supervisor around and she would schedule for a supervisor to call. we told her we tried that in the past and no one calls and she hung up on him.  we are very frustrated as i never get full answers from Santander. their cusotmer service is very very very bad. they are mean and rude and do not offer any information that is helpful.  I want to pay my payments, my husband lost his job and i'm doing the best i can in these hard times. all i wanted was to be deferred up to september as that is what i was told and that is what i CAN DO!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/16/2010 07:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Santander-Consumer-USA-Formerly-Known-As-Drive-Financial-Services/DALLAS-Texas-/Santander-Consumer-USA-Formerly-Known-As-Drive-Financial-Services-I-called-Santander-as-632045. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Santander Consumer USA, Formerly Known As Drive Financial Services

My story RE: Santander/Drive Fnancial

AUTHOR: Rae - (United States of America)

I have had dealings with this company myself. Sorry to say any promises they make to you are all lies. There is a reason they had to chage their name from Drive to Santander, I am sure it was a legal action to keep them out of trouble for all the consumer complaints against them.

We also got behind on our payments and made all the payments they requested and did all the things they requested to try to get a deferral so we could get caught up. With all the late fees they impose it was a lost fight before it began. They still repossed our vehicle in March and come to find out they had wrote it off back in December! So all the stuff they told us were lies. We also requested to work with us so we could get our vehicle back but they refused and wanted the whole vehicle price plus all their added on fees which was 30K+. The owner of the storage lot where they took our vehicle says Santander was pulling vehicles in there left and right and everyone he spoke with they would not work with either. What's even funnier is they requested the balance for what was left on the loan that they didnt get in the auction...haha...like I am going to pay on something I don't have anymore? Dumb.

Good Luck with your ordeal with them. Don't give them any of your personal info regarding family or contacts. They don't play by the rules and will contact them rentless trying to get to you, that goes for your neighbors info too. If there is anyway to cut your ties with them I would make the break.

Let this be a warning also for any consumers thinking of doing business with this company.

concentration