Complaint Review: Santander Consumer

• Reported By: blue567 — United States of America
Santander Consumer
Dallas, Texas United States of America

Santander Consumer Triad Financial Giving Incorrect Payoff Amount Dallas, Texas

Contacted Santander regarding the payoff amount for my vehicle. When I spoke to the rep, I advised her that I had received a bill for the 58th payment due and the balance on the loan included approximately $350 more than it should. She rudely stated that I missed a payment in 2009 and that this was the amount still due. I told her that I had never been billed for two payments and that the current bill stated I'd made 57 payments on a 60 payment loan. She insisted that this amount had to be paid before the loan expired or will be billed after the loan ended.

I asked the rep to give me a breakdown for my loan and she said she didn't had access to that info. I then asked her to tell me what the balance would be when I made my next payment and she wouldn't even give me that!!!

After agruing with the rep over what the $350 was for, I asked to speak with her supervisor. She stated she wasn't available. I told her I could wait while she got another supervisor and she told be no one was available. Then I asked to receive a callback from a supervisor and she stated they don't do callbacks. Needless to say I was extremely upset and still didn't get my issue resolved. I did the math and it looks like it may be interest so I will not be paying my loan off early so they canget this extra money.

Santander is by far the worse finance company I had ever dealt with and due to this and other incidents (harassing phone calls when payment was 6 days past due, etc) I will NOT finance another vehicle if I can help it and I feel sorry for those who still have years left with these people.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2011 08:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Santander-Consumer/Dallas-Texas-/Santander-Consumer-Triad-Financial-Giving-Incorrect-Payoff-Amount-Dallas-Texas-683410. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Santander Consumer