Complaint Review: Santander Consumer

• Updated: Mon, November 18, 2013

• Reported By: 09CivicCoupe — Manchester New Hampshire
Santander Consumer
8585 N Stemmons Fwy Ste 1100, Dallas, Texas USA

Santander Consumer Santander Auto Loans Santander Consumer USA, Inc. (Headquarters)Find a Location(214) 540-2062858 Santander Consumer Auto Loans Poor Business Etiquette Dallas Texas

*Consumer Comment: So Now You Want Them To Jump?

I have had a loan with Santander for only 9 moths but so glad to be done with them. I traded in my car and paid my loan off in full.

This was on the 18th of the month and my next payment was due on the 31st. I had set up my bank to make an Auto Payment each month on the 31 to pay my loan and had forgot to cancel this auto payment. I called both my bank and Santander in hopes to refund the payment immediately. My bank had already shipped the payment so there was nothing they could do for me. When I called Santander and explained that the account was paid in full and that I had over paid by $369.00 they told me there was nothing they could do and I would have to wait for up to 24 business days.

This is unheard of- an electric payment I do not see how it makes sense to have to wait this long. I finally got a hold of a REAL PERSON after spending 30 to 40 min on the phone.

( YOU CAN REACH A REAL PERSON AT  (855-825-6667) in the office of the president.

I was promised by a man in the office that I would receive my payment back on Friday November 14th, 2013. I called on Friday and was told that the payment had been okayed- but it may take until Monday 11/18/13 to be put back into my account. Today I called, (11/18/13) and I was told it would take 3-5 business days to get my refund after I was promised payment in full by the 15th.

So unprofessional. If you cannot do something or you do not know, don't promise anything at all.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/18/2013 11:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Santander-Consumer/Dallas-Texas-75247-383/Santander-Consumer-Santander-Auto-Loans-Santander-Consumer-USA-Inc-HeadquartersFind-a-1100291. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Santander Consumer

So Now You Want Them To Jump?

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

By your own admission, YOU failed to cancel the automatic drafting from your bank.  Now YOU want them to drop everything just to serve you!  Sorry...YOU are not ENTITLED to special treatment because YOU made the mistake which caused this!  No...I don't work for them.