Complaint Review: Sarah Drisko

• Web:
  • Category: Liars

Sarah Drisko Pathological Liar, split personality McKinleyville California

*General Comment: Sarah Drisko,

I am renting a room from this individual.  I get approximately a six minute shower and then the hot water runs out every morning.  This individual apologized for the inconvenience and claims the water heater is 15 years old.  She has been telling me for the last two weeks that she is going to buy a new water heater; yet, she hasn't.  Internet is very spotty as well.  She admitted to a slow internet connection through a satellite.  She told me she was unhappy with it and she decided to get a Verizon Jet Pack.  Internet connection is better; however, it is shared data and limits my usage.  I approached her and told her I wanted to get my own internet connection.  I asked for my rent to be lowered because of the internet situation.  She would not lower my rent.

I gave her 30 days notice and subsequently, she became very angry.  She doesn't leave the front door light on at night as well.  She has been entering the room I rent without my permission/notice.  She moves my things around in the bathroom.  I have removed most of my belongings from her house because she does not honor my boundaries or respect my privacy.  I have a camera in the room.  The room does not have a lock on the door.

Her personality goes from pleasant/servile to angry/pensive within seconds.  She waited in her car down the road for me to come home one night.  She pulled in shortly after I did.  I saw her parked in her car down the road.  This morning I had a two minute shower.  I do not engage her; however, I have written a note letting her know that she needs to give me 24 hours notice before entering the room.

She has apologized admitting that the house was not renter ready and that she has had a hard time with past renters.  When I gave my 30 day notice she complained that she shouldn't have gone through the trouble to get a different internet service.

When I first moved in, she asked me if I would walk the dogs when she wasn't home.  I walked the dogs one day along a road she lives on.  I told her where I walked the dogs and she seemed to be happy about the walk.  Two days later, I walked the dogs down the same road.  She came down the road screaming at me.  She told me that a neighbor's dogs  were dangerous and have bitten people and other dogs.  This is the same area I walked the dogs two days before.  She told me never to walk her dogs again.  She also told me that she thinks the neighbors killed her cat and might try to poison her dogs.  She told me her son had gone crazy and no longer lives with her.  She told me that he wants nothing to do with her.

People need to be warned about this individual.  She is charging $500.00 rent for a moldy house with a water heater that doesn't work.  Internet is limited and reception is spotty as well.  She has abrupt changes in personality and she doesn't have any regard for boundaries/privacy.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/10/2013 06:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sarah-Drisko/McKinleyville-California-95519/Sarah-Drisko-Pathological-Liar-split-personality-McKinleyville-California-1091049. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sarah Drisko

#1 General Comment

Sarah Drisko,

AUTHOR: anon - ()

The letter writer was a traveling nurse who stayed with my mother, Sarah Drisko, from September, 2013 until April, 2014. That means that she moved out 6 months after writing her scathing report. The letter writer then moved out as she was getting married to someone living on the East Coast and invited my mother to her wedding. It is true that the letter writer and my mother had a conflict. I am saddened that she didn't remove the letter after the conflict was resolved.

I cannot verify whether all of the information provided is true, but the facts I do know are highly skewed in a lack of context. I wish that this hadn't been brought up, but unfortunately it is true that my brother doesn't speak to my mother. He is mentally ill and has cut off contact with the entire family. It is very painful for all of us, but particularly to my mother who lived only to protect us from pain in the world and now she has no capacity to do so for my brother who lives in a hellish fantasy world created by psychosis. I wish that this was not public knowledge, but unfortunately the letter writer has made it necessary for me to explain.

It is also true that the neighbors killed our cat in the 1980's. This is another painful experience that I wish was not broadcast over the internet. Their dog has attacked or threatened multiple people on the lane, requiring all neighbors to avoid proximity to their property without first contacting the neighbor.

My mother has been renting out part of her house since 1999. In the last 15 years it is true that she has had some negative experiences. At the same time, she has had many wonderful experiences with people staying as much as 4 years in her house, coming back for a second rental and maintaining contact long after they have left.

It is true that there is a slight bit of mold. The letter writer comes directly from Arizona. In Humboldt County all of the houses are moldy. My mom keeps her house very clean and constantly battles against the mold. She bought a new water heater, which was significantly more expensive than the rent she received from this person. The letter writer was still unhappy.

500 dollars per month for all expenses included is the rate determined by the traveling nurse's program. It is for other potential renters to visit and see if they think it is such a bad deal.

The letter writer was certainly ill adapted to the property. She liked very much to shop and had never lived in the country. The country has some down sides, including lower water pressure, lower quality internet reception and lower cell phone reception. It has some advantages too, such as peace and quiet, a bubbling stream, beautiful garden and hiking trails through the forest. I would not recommend my mother's property to people who prefer city life.