Complaint Review: Sarasota Singles

• Updated: Mon, July 29, 2013

• Reported By: Sarasota Kristi — Sarasota Florida
Sarasota Singles
73 S Palm Ave #220, Sarasota, FL 34236 Sarasota, Florida USA

Sarasota Singles Tampa Singles, Naples Singles They call themselves an "Executive Matchmaking Service" but NO matches and they still charge $4995! Sarasota Florida

I signed up for this service in November, 2012. Big mistake. After a 2 hour "intake" interview, being very vulnerable describing my dating history, relationships, and what I desire in a relationship. I paid $500 that day and got on a monthly payment plan. 3 different times Sarasota Singles had me list out my "non-negotiables." Basically, they said unless a person can hit all 5 of these items, we won't waste your time or his by making the introduction, and this means it may take months before you meet someone what makes the cut of all 5 non-negotiables. Awesome, I thought. Wrong. 2 days later, I get "matched" with #1. It was awful! I was so upset that I paid for this service that would set me up with someone so far away from anything I described through my "non negotiables." This had nothing to do with chemistry. We can't talk about chemistry if the basics "needs" aren't met. I explained this and called and emailed and basically heard, "don't give up, it was only the first match. We will get to know you better." Match #2 was not much better, he was still married, had teen kids so didn't want children (one of my non-negotiables), and maybe hit 1 of my 5 needs list. #3 was even further way from a good match. Long and painful story very short, I am fighting with Sarasota Singles now as they are trying to put a collection account against me when I put a stop to the credit card ACH saying I want to cancel, I don't want anything to do with them ever again. They won't let me out of the contract. They are trying to put $3700 in a collection account against my (perfect) credit. Why won't they just close out the account and we all move on? That is good business. They don't play fair. Conversations have been condesending, belittling, rude and abnoxious. A child could do a much better job of matching. I am not sure what "system" they use, but I wouldn't say it is effective. This has been an ugly process. So unprofessional. I wouldn't advise my worst enemy to go through this program. They apply high pressure sales and pull on your heartstrings; they know if you are there you are simply wanting love- to love and be loved. For some reason, they think that just setting you up on a dinner date (that you pay for) is enough... there is nothing "executive" or intentional based on what I could see. And then the customer service if you are not satisfied is the worst I have experienced. Please, if you are single and just looking for an option to online dating, go to MeetUp and find outings and events based on things you like to do with your time, and you can and will meet someone without having to pay five thousand dollars! what a joke. I must have been at a really low point that morning to agree to it. They show you pictures of all sorts of happy couples. Telling you love is priceless; but there service is worthless but costly. Run.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/29/2013 02:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sarasota-Singles/Sarasota-Florida-34236/Sarasota-Singles-Tampa-Singles-Naples-Singles-They-call-themselves-an-Executive-Matchma-1071073. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sarasota Singles