Complaint Review: Sarge's mobile mechanic

• Reported By: Marrysmith1976 — Clarksville Tennessee
Sarge's mobile mechanic
Clarksville, Tennessee USA

Sarge's mobile mechanic scam artist Clarksville Tennessee

found this place to be very shady. I took it in and had them take a look at it for me. They charged me $82 to tell me it needed a tune up. I asked several times if they would guarantee that this would fix the problem to know straight answer. I was told we could get in and see that the injectors are bad so to just start working they was saying it would cost nearly $1,000 to do a tune up and replace a fuel filter. I found this troubling because I just did a tune up on it 2 month prior. I think they wanted to do a $1,000 exploratory job and hope it turned into a few grand. Then they tried to tell me all the benefits of fixing my 99 audi with 182k miles on it when they them self couldn't even give a straight answer of what was wrong with the car. I mean the car is only worth maybe $2,000 and they think dropping a few grand into it would make it all better? You would have thought that after I told them that I just did a tune up on it replacing ignition coils and spark plugs they would have wanted to get a no nonsense estimate of what was wrong or causing the problem to give a accurate quote. [continued below]....

..... No thanks I will take the $82 dollar loss.  sargies mobile mechanic is a scam and won't return my phone calls. save you time and money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/21/2013 12:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sarges-mobile-mechanic/Clarksville-Tennessee-37042/Sarges-mobile-mechanic-scam-artist-Clarksville-Tennessee-1086326. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sarge's mobile mechanic