Complaint Review: Saveology

• Updated: Wed, July 03, 2013

• Reported By: yogigirl — Centennial Colorado
Saveology
5259 Coconut Creek Parkway Margate, Florida USA

Saveology Bait & Switch!!!!! Called Southwest Airlines -- got this SCAM and fell for it. Margate Florida

I called Southwest Airlines and misdialled by 1 number. The person who answered represented himself as if he was from Southwest Airlines and said I was selected to receive a $100 gift card, then if I used it in 8 days I would receive another $200. All I would have to do is pay the $9.95 handling fee with my credit card.

I should have known better right then and there, but I thought I called Southwest and I thought it was a Southwest representative, so I trusted it. I gave him my card.

I had a funny feeling about it, so I called back to verify and told him that I needed to make a change to my Southwest account. He said, "Hold on, let me transfer you." He put me on hold, then came back and said, "Our lines are very busy with customers right now. Can I give you two of our direct lines to call? You will get faster service through these numbers."

He gave me two direct lines to Southwest. I called immediately and told them what happened. They reported it up to their HQ, and I am reporting it here in the hops that I can save someone else this hassle! I canceled my credit card immediately, I looked them up online and found this site with all the other scams listed -- they are all very similar with other companies (like Comcast, etc).

I am very aware of scams and very tech savvy -- yet I fell for it. I hate to think of people like my folks who aren't as clued into the unscrupulous people out there. Someone please stop Saveology from doing this to people!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2013 08:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Saveology/Margate-Florida-33063/Saveology-Bait-Switch-Called-Southwest-Airlines-got-this-SCAM-and-fell-for-it-1064326. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Saveology