Complaint Review: Saveology/Comcast

Saveology/Comcast
5259 Coconut Creek Pkwy Margate, Florida United States of America

Saveology/Comcast Dishonest and Deceiving Margate, Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: Help for those ripped off by Saveology

Called what I thought to be Comcast in order to get my cable services turned and only cable services when I was told that it is actually cheaper to purchase what they called the triple play.  The sales person explained that I would need to purchase a cable modem, when I asked if that could be rented as it was with my last provider I was told no (FIRST LIE).  Then I was told that in purchasing the modem that there was a rebate that would cover the entire exspense of the modem all I needed to was pay shipping of course after they charge my card for the full amount and that the rebate process will take no more than 18 weeks (SECOND LIE).  It has now been more than 25 weeks since my rebate was submitted and acknowledged that thay received it and still nothing. I called Saveology and they aknowledged that it should have been sent already and the representative tells me she will send an email to management and that it should take another 4-6 weeks and they will know something. COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE.  I will be contacting Comcast corporate and make them aware of who is actually representing them as well file a complaint with the FTC.  If anyone has any other suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.  OH AND

BEWARE OF THESE SCAM ARTIST.....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/24/2012 11:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SaveologyComcast/Margate-Florida-33063/SaveologyComcast-Dishonest-and-Deceiving-Margate-Florida-916667. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Saveology/Comcast

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Help for those ripped off by Saveology

AUTHOR: Boo Swindlers - (United States of America)

Rebate escalation contacts for Saveology (as of 7/26/12)- an awesome Comcast rep gave us this:
   Rebate escalation mgr SUJEY RUIZ emailed sruiz at SAVEOLOGY.COM 877.405.5035 (same long-hold & multi-week check, unfortunately) and a Comcast email we were to CC (we got a National Acct Manager, I think). Let Comcast know the situation, and get an appropriate email contact on their side to CC- it wouldn't look good if they kept condoning their vendors for getting them legit subscriptions by ripping off Comcast customers out of hundreds.

However, our swiftest help came from Sheila's response, refunding our entire purchase amt via credit card (showed in 2-3 days). Don't settle for any "wait another few weeks for the check" crap if you bought their equipment with your card (and hopefully you made copies of your UPCs/forms). They're reportedly aware of the ripoff reports but not of how many times you tried calling, and customers who hadn't received their rebates after the 8-10 week mark should have immediately been offered a refund, so log the names/time/details of every Saveology agent and attempt you've made to get your rebate back so they can be "addressed" if not.
Sheila Hornberger, Saveology Senior Representative
Hours for contact: M-F 9-4 EST
Contact info: emailed shornberger at saveology.com, phone at8777135405, 8776869789

Hope this helps the people who have been trying for months.