Complaint Review: Sawbuck Farm Ollie Jayne toole

• Updated: Sat, October 31, 2009

• Reported By: Christina — Sylva North Carolina United States of America
Sawbuck Farm Ollie Jayne toole
570 Jericho Rd Whitter, North Carolina United States of America

Sawbuck Farm Ollie Jayne toole OJ Toole Sawbuck Farm Rentals Slumlord Whitter, North Carolina

Sawbuck farm was listed in the paper for a home rental. I called and spoke to Ollie Jayne Toole. She asked me the usual questions. Where you work. You have references...etc. Then Ollie Jayne Toole told me about this "absolutely adorable" rental she had called " Wild Rose." She said I could take a look on the internet. I went to web site and looked and loved what I saw. It WAS cute. I was 500 miles away so I had questions for her. I asked more deep about the mobile home. She said it was furnished just as I saw on line. She said the people that lived there was "hard working" people. She built it up I was so excited.

I sent her 1st, last, and security deposit. $1550.00. I was to move in 1 week later. She sent me 2 reciepts overnight. One reciept was for the security deposit. One was for the first and last months rent.

Upond arrival I was met by the property manager, Diane that was falling down drunk. I was let in the "wild rose" unit and to my horror it was NOTHING like the internet. It smelled of mold and cat pee. Not freshly painted as Ollie Toole had said. The property manager was so drunk that she could not even answer my questions, and when she did she would reply, You need to call OJ. I just show the property for my liquor money. I was astonished to that reply. I instantly got back in my u haul and called Ollie Toole and asked where she was and if we could talk. She said I am sorry I live in Georgia. I told her that I felt mislead and that I would not take the unit and when could she return my money. She informed me that I would receive my first and last months rent back, but that the security deposit she would keep for " taking it off the market!" I was floored. She Lied to me from the beginning about the rental. I told her that, she said that she did not. I explained to her that I would not argue with her. She then said she would be at Sawbuck Farm the next day and I could come and get first and last months rent.

I went next day to get my money and try to get my deposit. She said "You will take what you get and get off my property!" I took 1050.00 and left. I googled her and low and behold I am not the first. She is a Liar and steals money under false pretenses. I would never sugest the devil himself to rent from her. I think that was bad business and I am in the process to take her to civil court for my $500.00 security deposit.

Do Not rent from this lady. I have "asked" around and No one has a kind word to say. She has even took her neighbor to court for a property issue...and she lost. Just a heads up on Sawbuck farm rentals. If you want to live with a liar and a cheat for a landlord and a property manager that has extreme drinking issus...rent from Sawbuck Farm and Ollie Jayne Toole.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/31/2009 08:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sawbuck-Farm-Ollie-Jayne-toole/Whitter-North-Carolina-28789/Sawbuck-Farm-Ollie-Jayne-toole-OJ-Toole-Sawbuck-Farm-Rentals-Slumlord-Whitter-North-Caro-517978. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sawbuck Farm Ollie Jayne toole