Complaint Review: SBC - One Call Communications - NaviComm

• Submitted: Tue, August 02, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, August 02, 2005

• Reported By:Jenison Michigan
SBC - One Call Communications - NaviComm
PO Box 3141 Carmel, Indiana U.S.A.
  • Phone: 1-800-919-2390
  • Web:
  • Category: Internet

SBC - One Call Communications - NaviCom Unauthorized Billing ripoff Carmel Indiana

My computer was taken over by a web dialer. As soon as I signed on to AOL. The web dialer would start making long distance calls in the back ground. I noticed it and called SBC immediately. There was a charge of $17.62 on my bill. I did some research and discovered what a web dialer is...very clever.

I then removed the web dialer and other viruses that my computer came in contact with. Only to discover the next time I signed on the web dialer was running in the back ground again! The virus is set up to reload everytime you reboot your computer. You cant get rid of it. I called SBC again. And they took it off again ($24.23). But said I needed to fix the problem because they couldnt keep taking these off. I work on the computer so I went and bought a new computer. Seven months later I get a bill from One Call Communications. They said although SBC waived the bill. They are not. And are collecting on behalf of NaviComm. I called One Call Communications. They heard my story and said they would be willing to accept half as payment. I told them they were not getting a cent. It seemed all too set up. So I did a search on Ripoff. I found several identical complaints. I attached them to my letter and sent it to the manager of One call Mr. Joe Pent. It appears One call Communication and NaviComm are in this together.

Chad
Jenison, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2005 08:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SBC-One-Call-Communications-NaviComm/Carmel-Indiana-46082/SBC-One-Call-Communications-NaviCom-Unauthorized-Billing-ripoff-Carmel-Indiana-152283. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SBC - One Call Communications - NaviComm