Complaint Review: Scana Energy Regulated

• Updated: Sun, March 27, 2011

• Reported By: gdispce — Lithonia Georgia United States of America
Scana Energy Regulated
P.O. Box 100157 Columbia, South Carolina United States of America

Scana Energy Regulated Week Wait for Reconnection After payment & Confusing Statements/Invoices Columbia, South Carolina

For the most part, this is a good company who will work with consumers and make payment arrangements when necessary, however, I was disappointed when I ran into some financial difficulty and had to make payment arrangements.

I made a payment arrangement where I was to pay the past due amount in increments, along with the current bill. I told them I'd pay $250 (even though they would have accepted a lesser payment), and $59. towards the past due amount, along with my current bill -- but, I went ahead and paid $310 when the bill came and that took care of the 250 and 59 due the from previous arrangement charge.

I received a cut-off notice shortly after arrangements were made, and this is where I made my mistake! I thought this notice crossed in the mail, after all, I did pay more than what was required for my arrangement early, so I didn't have to pay on the date assigned.  Well, my gas was turned off.

While I do accept responsibility for not following the schedule as agreed, since when does one get penalized for paying the bill earlier and more than what was agreed? The service rep told me that the system is automated and the computer decides based on the agreement.  Then, I look at my statement, and it says XX amount due by April 4th??? My service as disconnected March 26??

So, I called to see what was the minimum amount needed to turn service back on, they told me they would now need to add $200 onto the bill, $150 for deposit and $50 connection fee -- I had to pay over $600 to get service restored. They do reimburse the $150 after 6 consecutive ontime payments, but a lot of good that does me right now.

But, what I'm really upset about is that after I paid, I was then told I would have to wait a week to get service restored, yes, after they took my money, I have to wait a week because that's the only time they have available. They obviously need more man power! I am a customer and I deserve better respect than that. It's March, it's been 49 degrees and stormy, I have kids, no hot water or furnace - what a shame!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/27/2011 06:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Scana-Energy-Regulated/Columbia-South-Carolina-/Scana-Energy-Regulated-Week-Wait-for-Reconnection-After-payment-Confusing-StatementsIn-710764. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Scana Energy Regulated