Complaint Review: Scana Energy Regulated

• Updated: Wed, May 02, 2012

• Reported By: Tiffany — Fairburn Georgia United States of America
Scana Energy Regulated
Internet, Georgia United States of America

Scana Energy Regulated Disconnected services dispite what the notice say. Internet, Georgia

*UPDATE Employee: SCANA Energy Regulated

*Author of original report: Reply

*UPDATE Employee: SCANA Energy

I move here January 17, 2012, and since I have been here, I have been ripped off and it appears there is nothing that I can do about the utilities companies.

I came home on April 25,2012 about 12:00pm to my gas cut off. I called Scana to see why my service was disconnected and my bill was due on April 9, 2012 in the amount of $73.54. The representative did not provide much information except for the amount that I needed to pay which was $ 128.31 (include: $73.54 and then the next month bill $54.77 which is not even due,nor have I received a bill) and that my services will not be restored until May 2. 2012. I paid that amount and then was told I would have to pay an additional $50.00 for reconnect fee. WTF, they getting away with this!

Today April 27, 2012 I received a bill for the amount of $128.31 with the following information on the notice, " the total amount of 128.31 must be received by 5:00 pm on May 09,2012 to avoid further credit action, which may inculde disscountion of your service...." "... and service may take a minimum of THREE days before restored...."  The notice did not get here until today.

I called to get some understanding that there notices say one thing but they do another. I spoke with a manager by the name of Carol. She gave me the run around and disconnected our phone conversation. What I wanted to know is why my service was disconnected and it's not even a month behind and why is it going to take them SEVEN days to cut the service back on. If that is not a RIP OFF i don't know what is.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/27/2012 03:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Scana-Energy-Regulated/Internet-Georgia-/Scana-Energy-Regulated-Disconnected-services-dispite-what-the-notice-say-Internet-Georg-874946. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Scana Energy Regulated

SCANA Energy Regulated

AUTHOR: Sandra - (United States of America)

I enjoyed speaking with you yesterday and glad I was able to provide you with some options for your account.   Please remember to call me once you receive the information from the agency.

AUTHOR: Tiffany Shaney - (United States of America)

7066814537. However, they will be out here on May 2, 2012, so what can be done?

SCANA Energy

AUTHOR: Sandra - (United States of America)

Tiffany:

I would like the opportunity to review your account with you and check with Atlanta Gas Light to see if any earlier appointments may have become available.  Will you send me a daytime phone number?  You may also follow us on Twitter. our handle is @scanaenergy, and DM a phone number so we may contact you.

Thank you.