Complaint Review: SCBN prescription advocacy

• Updated: Wed, June 26, 2013

• Reported By: Mrs Griffin — Theodore Alabama
SCBN prescription advocacy
PO Box 140766 Austin, TX 78714 Austin, Texas USA

SCBN prescription advocacy SCBN is a RIP OFF-Please find your Med's somewhere else Austin Texas

I contracted SCBN after searching for a prescription assistance program. I was told I could get my prescription for $35 a month. I thought that that was great, I'd save $50 a month. I was told I would pay $85 that day and $35 a month there after. I was told I would receive forms to complete and have my physicain complete. Before my forms arrived I needed a refill and I gave the Pharmacy a RX Reflief Pharmacy Discount Card that my husband and I received.  My Med's cost $19 with the discount card so I didn't need SCBN afterall. I called SCBN to tell them that I didn't need their assistance afterall.  I was told that SCBN is not a  prescription assistance program but a membership and the money I paid was a membership and non refundable enrollment fee. I did not receive any Med's, the company did not have any of the forms sent to me returned to start processing my request for what I thought was "assistance" and refused to refund me any of my money. I was told to email a request for a refund and I received a reply 2 weeks later denying my request stating they had put too much work into my "membership".

In short, You can receive assistance directly from the manufacturers of your Med's. If you take more than one Med you may need to  apply to more than one manufacturer but you may be able to get your Med's for free, it's based on income. SCBN is a advocacy program that will gather the info and apply for the assistance for you but the fees which start at $35 per month is "not" for the med's. You will pay every month for their help although your Med's may not cost a dime. Once your precription assistance application is processed the work is complete and you'll continue to pay for their help.

I lucked up because I saved with a discount card, check out www.rxreliefcard.com or call 800-776-0760 and see if it will help you but please check around before giving SCBN your money. Ask whatever company you contact are you paying for your Medications or a service fee. I'm sure if your looking for help with the cost of Med's, you don't have money to give away!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2013 05:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SCBN-prescription-advocacy/Austin-Texas-78714/SCBN-prescription-advocacy-SCBN-is-a-RIP-OFF-Please-find-your-Meds-somewhere-else-Austin-1062381. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SCBN prescription advocacy