Complaint Review: SCE

• Updated: Mon, August 12, 2013

• Reported By: Terry — Hinkley California
SCE
po box 600 Rosemead, California USA

SCE The Beast My son recently moved and left a sce bill unpaid, I noticed a tranfer fee on my bill , we called to inquire we were told we had to pay his bill and we had no recourse. Hinkley/Barstow Rosemead California

*Consumer Comment: Sounds like...

My son was forced to move due to his landlord selling his house to PG&E for demolition, They put in a change of address and moved out of state.

When I went to pay my SCE bill I noticed a transfer fee of $78.00 on my bill (a totaly different physical adress) and when I inquired Iwas told that they didn't pay their last bill aand it had been attached to mine(really).

The SCE customer rep said that there is nothing I can do and I will have to pay.

I never gave permission or authorized any co-signing to agree to pay anyone elses bill but my own.

Now I am at war with the beast, how can I dispute this incredible abuse of a monopoly and keep my power on?

I pay my bills and SCE has other avenues to collect debt from those who don't.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/12/2013 07:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SCE/Rosemead-California-91771/SCE-The-Beast-My-son-recently-moved-and-left-a-sce-bill-unpaid-I-noticed-a-tranfer-fee-o-1074990. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SCE

Sounds like...

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

Your son may not be giving you the full story.  After all if a Utility takes someone's house that falls under Eminent Domain, and it would be all over the news...yet couldn't find a single story about anything PG&E is doing.   Perhaps he was evicted for non-payment.

Now onto the bill.  First of all you have to think how your name was added to this bill.

SCE does not just go out asking other utilties.."Hey you got any deliqnuent bills with this person's same last name"..Likewise..PG&E doesn't go around to every utility in the Country and say.."Hey I've got this delinquent bill..do you have anyone with this same last name".

So what is left..well quite obviously your son would have had to give them your name and address.  Perhaps he told them that he was going to move in with you instead of where he really is so they wouldn't find him.

The fact is that many people try to get out of bills by putting them in other people's names who just happen to live at the same address.  But utilities have caught on to this and thus..they just move the debt to the other person..which is totally legal.  Whether or not this was your situation the only way out is going to be to have it paid..or have your son call them and see if they will transfer it to him

Sounds like the only "war" is with your son and a call to him is in order to find out why he won't pay his bill.