I fell for this "entry level store manager" job for the same reasons most people do. They said they would train us all to run our own stores, and then we'd make at least $35,000/year. Pretty good for someone without a bunch of degrees. It turns out they make you sell wholesale perfume out of the backs of cars to strangers in parking lots and never really managing an office.
My complaints, believe it or not, extend beyond the bizarre scam of the job position. The reason I (thankfully) didn't last was because of all the unprofessional, sexual harassment comments one of the "managers" made!
1. He called all women "pretty lady" every time he addressed them.
2. In discussing being on time for work, he made jokes about coming to women's houses in the morning and getting them ready on time, what he'd see if he did that, etc.
3. He told us one of his co-workers was "shaped like a Barbie," and she "knows how to use it." He also pretended to be staring at her b***s while he described her.
4. Before the explanation of you-name-it, he'd say, "And if you don't like it, suck a bag of d*cks."
5. He constantly referred to the fact that he was into women, and "doesn't do any of that crooked (gay) sh*t."
6. The kicker: He said, "Guys, you can zone out for a minute. Girls, you need to listen. Before you come b*tching to me about it, Juan and Will (guys who work there) are guys in their 20's and they're good talkers. If you don't want to engage in any extra curricular activities with them, don't give them your number!" So, if I get sexually harassed by someone higher up in the company than me, you're going to say it's my fault!?