Complaint Review: Schumacher Cargo Logistics

• Reported By: Francois M — Fort mill South Carolina
Schumacher Cargo Logistics
550 W. 135th street Gardena, California USA

Schumacher Cargo Logistics Just does not care Gardena California

Service is terrible. I shipped a car with them a few years ago from Savannah to Le Havre (France). It took months and months and repeated phone calls with no commitment  on their part. They told me that if I had shipped it through high traffic ports in Europe (Rotterdam or  Antwerp) it would have been much faster.

So this year I shipped my prized possession (1967 Jaguar e-type) originally booked from Savannah to Antwerp. I followed the recommendation on the high traffic port. I shipped it in February. By June i still had no news and was told more or less that I should have read my contract as there is no time commitment on getting it to destination. After much protracted discussions at several levels it got routed to Rotterdam. I got the car in early September (yes over 6 months for supposedly high traffic).

Now the incredibly long delay was a minor problem when you see what arrived. [continued below]....

..... I had completely redone the engine compartment at a cost of thousands of dollars.  What arrived was a rusty heap. It is deeply pitted with corrosion, the exhaust manifold porcelain is shot although it was redone in one of the best shops in the US. I had invested hundreds of hours in it and it is a wreck. The car was obviously stored outside all these months as it was coated with dust. Water had stagnated in several areas. The floors were also drenched and rusty on the inside.

Schumacher's reaction to all this? Not even an acknowledgement on Schumacher Cargo Logistics part although management was also notified of the terrible condition it arrived in.

I will never use them again and strongly suggest that you stay away from this incompetent outfit altogether.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2013 07:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Schumacher-Cargo-Logistics/Gardena-California-90248/Schumacher-Cargo-Logistics-Just-does-not-care-Gardena-California-1089059. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Schumacher Cargo Logistics