Complaint Review: Schuylkill County Children & Youth

• Submitted: Thu, April 30, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, April 30, 2009

• Reported By:Schuylkill Haven Pennsylvania
Schuylkill County Children & Youth
410 N Centre St Pottsville, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Schuylkill County Children & Youth My child was placed in foster care. Afterwards, C&Y admitted she never should have been placed. Pottsville Pennsylvania

After my wife and I seperated, my daughter lived with me up to May 2008. C&Y first got involved in February 2007 after a suicide attempt. I've had many problems with drugs and booze stemming from incidents in the army. She then went to live with her mother, and during this time, I've completed D&A councelling and have been clean and sober since. I take regular drug tests and see a psychiatrist twice a month. After 5 months, due to behavioral problems, she went to live with my sister. My sister has had success with her behavior in the past. My sister did not want to live by C&Y's strict guidelines so after 30 days, The put my child in a 'temporary' foster care for 3 days. She then went to a foster home for one week where they couldn't 'handle' her. They placed her in another foster home for 2 months and they couldn't 'handle' her. They placed her again. Same results. For the past 4 days she has been in a behavioral facility. She has told us on many occasions she just wants to come home.

When she livrd with me I took her to counselling. Same when she lived with her mother and my sister. Not while in foster care. Before going to the last foster home, she was dianosed with ODD and prescribed Risperdol. That family stopped giving her her meds the day before she 'flipped out' and went to the facility. Her mother completed parenting classes (C&Y ordered), I voluteered for parenting classes but have not completed them as of yet.

C&Y won't let me see my child unsupervised because they want more negative drug tests. Isn't a year enough? It seems like C&Y and the foster agencies are screwing up and messing with my child's mental well being. PLEASE someone, anyone, help me. Does anyone out there know a good lawyer or agency that will take my case? I don't know how much more of this my daughter can take.

Robert
Schuylkill Haven, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/30/2009 09:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Schuylkill-County-Children-Youth/Pottsville-Pennsylvania-17901/Schuylkill-County-Children-Youth-My-child-was-placed-in-foster-care-Afterwards-CY-adm-447717. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Schuylkill County Children & Youth