Complaint Review: Schwan's Home Service

• Updated: Wed, April 17, 2013

• Reported By: Former Driver — Sun Prairie, WI Wisconsin
Schwan's Home Service
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin United States of America

Schwan's Home Service 15 Hour Days, Less than Minimum Wage... Sun Prairie, Wisconsin

I worked for Schwan's Home Service in Wisconsin. I worked 5 days a week, and averaged 14 to 15 hours a day. I made less than $30,000 a year. I never saw my friends or family.

I was promised MANY things when I interviewed for and accepted the job that I never saw materialize. Lies, lies, lies!!! Because I worked so many hours, it was extremely difficult to interview for other jobs while still working for Schwan's.

I am under the impression that the Schwan's company does NOT care about its employees or its customers. They pay their employees minimum wage or less, based on the hours worked and commission made. If they cared about their customers, they would do whatever it takes to keep their route drivers happy. I know if I was a Schwan's customer, I wouldn't want a different route driver every other month!!!

Keep your route drivers happy and they'll stick around. Customers like consistency. Also, keep your route drivers happy, and they won't be reporting your junk company on the internet.

With their "delivery fee," if a customer buys just a carton of ice cream, they pay over $7!!!! That is ridiculous! You know how much it costs to make ice cream? Where  is all of that money going? It sure isn't to the employees who sacrifice their time and energy to try selling your EXPENSIVE food to the masses! Schwan's needs to decrease their costs drastically! Lower your initial costs, decrease your prices, and increase your employees wages and happiness. Schwan's has been around for 60 years or whatever it is - you've got to adapt with the changing world!

With Schwan's, customers can get one or two bags of food for $100. If you go and shop at WalMart or some other cheaper grocery store - you can get a HUGE cart full of groceries - enough to feed your family for two or three weeks for $100!

I'm probably just rambling now, but I have a lot to get off my chest. Schwan's needs to change. If they don't, they won't be around much longer. That's my two cents.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2013 07:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Schwans-Home-Service/Sun-Prairie-Wisconsin-/Schwans-Home-Service-15-Hour-Days-Less-than-Minimum-Wage-Sun-Prairie-Wisconsin-1043906. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Schwan's Home Service