Complaint Review: sci*stamps.com

• Submitted: Mon, March 01, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, March 01, 2010

• Reported By: Gail — Loveland Colorado U.S.A.

sci*stamps.com Stamps.com Makes Unauthorized Charges on Credit Cards Internet

Months ago, I mistakenly "googled" USPS and pulled up Stamps.com, and tried to order postage stamps.  I entered my debit card information before I relaized I was the wrong site becaue their advertising is very deceptive.

I called them immedicately and was assured that I would not be charged.  Now, 3 months later, they charged my debit card.  I called them back and explained what happened and they were extremely rude and pushy.  They kept trying to talk me into buying their product after I repeatly told them I never wanted their service, that I made a mistake, and had been assured I wouldn't be charged.

Not only would they not reverse the charges, I got an email stating they were going to continue to charge my debit card.  I had to cancell my card to stop the charges.

Beware!!! Their advertising is very deceptive, they lie and then make unauthorized charges on your card.

Oh, and as you will see if you do a search, there are multiple complaints about them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2010 05:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/scistampscom/internet/scistampscom-Stampscom-Makes-Unauthorized-Charges-on-Credit-Cards-Internet-576306. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on sci*stamps.com