Complaint Review: scootertronics

• Reported By: William — metairie Louisiana USA
scootertronics
http://scootertronics.com Internet United States of America

scootertronics bait & switch Internet

I bought a 150 cc CDI - 9000 for my motor scooter on May 13, 2009.  I was not in the USA, but in Honduras; this part was currently unavailble for my scooter.  I researched and ordered the CDI-9000, and received confirmation of the charge to my debit card, and a ship date.  It was sent to my home address in Louisiana.

When the part finally made it to me in Honduras (reshipped via brother), I immediately realized took this to the repair shop where my scooter was, and it was installed;  smoked right away - definitely not for my bike.  I went home, looked the part up, and it said on the Scootertronics parts page that a CDI-9000 will say "CDI-9000" on it; the one they shipped  had a "C" stamped on it.

So the part I ordered and what Scootertronics sent were two very different parts;  very different in price too, which means they are thieves; bait and switch, with absolutely no recourse.  There is no recourse because they ignore all correspondence, avoiding all issues.

I have been ripped off, have tried repeatedly to rectify this issue, and ended up buying the part necessary from the dealer at a premium price (should have done this initially and saved money in the process), and have no problems now.  If I were anyone even entertaining a thought of visiting their website i would reconsider immediately;  These are thieves, common criminals if you will.  Con artists at the very least, and they will separate you from your money in a heartbeat.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2009 05:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/scootertronics/internet/scootertronics-bait-switch-Internet-482800. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on scootertronics