Complaint Review: Scoresense

• Updated: Tue, April 15, 2014

• Reported By: Mark — AP Pennsylvania
Scoresense
4447 N Central Exp. St. 110 PMB 406 Dallas, Texas USA

Scoresense scam, ripoff, deceptive practices, double bill, run around customer service, awaiting yet another refund request Dallas Texas

*UPDATE Employee: ScoreSense

*UPDATE Employee: ScoreSense

*Author of original report: Copies of actual emails from Scoresense

*Author of original report: Scoresense UPDATE

Did not even discover that I was being billed for this service until under audit.  Wife thought charges were for something else and I never look at statements (I guess that is what they hope everyone does).  Do not even remember signing up for credit reports but perhaps we were looking for free or $1 credit reports at some time and probably went through this offer.  HOWEVER, at no time was it clear (nor does anyone here remember) that we were going to be billed on a recurring basis.  We never received, nor viewed, any credit reports at any time.  We never received, nor opened, nor viewed, any correspondence, alerts, etc.., at any time.

The reason was that Scoresense was supposedly sending all reports, alerts, information, files, downloads, attachments, requests, etc...to an email address that was unrecognizable to us.  Therefore, we never received anything stating we were receiving any services.  We never responded to any requests for information.  We never opened any attachments sent.  We never opended any reports.  When this situation was brought to my attention, we were billed for over one year.  Spoke with a rep initially one the phone and he reviewed my account, which took some time to verify because I could not provide the correct email address.

I presented him with my current email address for future correspondence.  He stated that after review, he could see that I never utilized any service, responded to any alert sent, opened any attachment, etc...and that the account had been canceled months previously.  He stated the account was canceled for rejection of payment withdrawl attempt.  The only reason that happened was because I had a card stolen and had to close that account and open a new one.  The rep stated that he would send the request for refund in and I should hear back in 1-2 days.  Heard back and it was an interesting email that I received.  They approved a refund of the final month charge and also the initial $1 charge but denied the rest.

If you refund the initial charge and the final charge that means you acknowledge anything in between is inaccurate.  However, after review, 7 of the monthly charges had been double billed and not refunded.  So they kept 2x the charges for the decpetion.  Another situation is where will the charges be refunded to because they have no information for me.  I called again and explained the situation to another rep and she put another request for refund in.  She stated that most are not approved but she could not make any guarantees because it all is reviewed by the corporate office in Dallas (which she stated they have no contact with, are not in the same city, and are instructed to tell the public not to contact).

I asked for the corporate office phone to speak with someone and she told me that was not possible but that she would give me an address and I could Google it myself and try to get a phone number.  I am now awaiting the second response to my request.  Even if they take the position that I should check my statements every month for accuracy, they cannot justly explain the double charges, the rationale behind initial and final charges refund, or how they are going to process any refund approved without my account information or contact with me.  I will await their next decision and update this accordingly.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2014 05:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Scoresense/Dallas-Texas-75205/Scoresense-scam-ripoff-deceptive-practices-double-bill-run-around-customer-service-a-1138921. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Scoresense

AUTHOR: ScoreSense - ()

Hi Mark,

Monday through Friday, 8AM to 5PM CST

We look forward to assisting you.

AUTHOR: ScoreSense - ()

Hi Mark,

Monday through Friday, 8AM to 5PM CST

We look forward to assisting you.

ScoreSense

Copies of actual emails from Scoresense

AUTHOR: Mark - ()

Below are copies of the actual emails from Scoresense.  You can see what they approved for refund plus what they denied.  You can also see the double charges in their initial 4/11/2014 email when they responded to me.   Notice how they do not appear in the recent response dated 4/15/2014.

4/11/2014 1st request email:

Dear Mark,

Thank you for contacting ScoreSense Customer Care. After careful review of your account, the following refund requests have been processed:

Transaction Date             Billed Amount               Refund Status

09/06/2012                      $1.00                                Approved

4/11/2014 1st request email:

Dear Mark,

Transaction Date               Billed Amount                        Refund Status

09/13/2013                        $29.95                                    Approved

08/13/2013                        $29.95                                    Not Approved

07/13/2013                        $29.95                                    Not Approved

07/13/2013                        $29.95                                    Not Approved

06/13/2013                        $29.95                                    Not Approved

05/13/2013                        $29.95                                    Not Approved

04/13/2013                        $29.95                                    Not Approved

04/13/2013                        $29.95                                    Not Approved

03/13/2013                        $29.95                                   Not Approved

02/13/2013                        $29.95                                   Not Approved

02/13/2013                        $29.95                                   Not Approved

01/13/2013                            $29.95                                Not Approved

12/13/2012                            $29.95                                Not Approved

11/13/2012                            $29.95                                Not Approved

10/13/2012                            $29.95                                Not Approved

10/13/2012                             $29.95                               Not Approved

09/13/2012                             $29.95                               Not Approved

4/15/2014 2nd request email:

Transaction Date              Billed Amount                  Refund Status

06/13/2013                        $29.95                               Approved

05/13/2013                        $29.95                               Not Approved

03/13/2013                        $29.95                               Not Approved

01/13/2013                        $29.95                               Not Approved

12/13/2012                        $29.95                               Not Approved

11/13/2012                        $29.95                               Not Approved

09/13/2012                        $29.95                               Not Approved

Scoresense UPDATE

AUTHOR: Mark - ()

Just received another refund review.  They approved one more charge this time.  This time it looks like it was in the middle of the billing cycle.  How can a company refund an initial charge, the final charge, a charge in the middle, but still state all other charges are valid?  They initially approved the $1 initial charge, and the final 9/13 $29.25 charge for refund.  On second request they approved a 6/13 $29.95 charge for refund.  However, all remaining charges in the months between were denied.

The latest email did not even list many of the monthly charges from previous email for either denial or approval.  I wonder if they were purposely left off of the correspondence because of the double billing in those months?  I am trying to copy and paste their responses here but having difficulty.  I may have to put them in a file and download for all to see.  I am going to contact them again and ask how they are processing my "refunds" without any account info.  I will also ask about the double billing, etc... and update accordingly.