Complaint Review: scoresense.com

scoresense.com

scoresense.com stole $1,080.00 from my bank account Internet

*UPDATE Employee: ScoreSense

*Consumer Comment: ROTFLMAO...

My wife was going over our 2012 bank statements to facilitate filing our income tax when she noticed these charges for $29.95 each month, not once but TWICE! She saw that some company that we never heard of called "scoresense.com". I found a phone number for them and called to find out who they were and what kind of service they provided for me. Somehow this "company" of scam artists had got my debit card number and were billing both me and my wife each month for their "service". I found out that this had been going on for such a long time they soaked us for $1,080.00.

Apparently they operate by adding some kind of hidden rider onto another legitimate website's information page and when you sign up for that they get your security questions. I demanded a refund and was told by Elgin that he would submitt a refund request and I should hear from them in 2 days. I got an email this morning saying they had approved my refund for $1.00. That's right $1.00!

These people need to be STOPPED and PROSECUTED FOR THEFT to the fullest extent of the law! I am currently seeking information as to what I can do to get my money back and stop these people.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2013 06:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/scoresensecom/internet/scoresensecom-stole-108000-from-my-bank-account-Internet-1010243. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on scoresense.com

ScoreSense

AUTHOR: ScoreSense - (USA)

Hi,

If you would like to speak with someone directly, please contact our Customer Care team at 855-540-3895 to address your concerns. Our agents are available during the following hours:

Monday through Friday, 8AM to 5PM CST

We look forward to assisting you.

ScoreSense

ROTFLMAO...

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

On one hand it is sad to hear that you spent $1080 on something you didn't even know you had.  But on the other hand it is hard to stop laughing about how stupid you were for letting this happen and to even remotely think that this is theft.

Even if it was a fact that the monthly fee was not listed, the transactions on your checking account statements EVERY Month are listed.  So at worst you would have been hit for about $60 and may have had a somewhat valid complaint.  In which you could have disputed with your bank to have it removed.

But you didn't do that.  Apparently neither of you reconcile your statements every month.  Or you are the one who reconciles the accounts thinking that $60 isn't that big of a deal..only to find out your wife has other thoughts about the value of money.   You(well your wife) should probably should go over all of your account to make sure that you didn't sign up for anything else you were "unaware" of.

Sorry if this seems to come off rough, but it just goes to show you why it is important to actually manage your account to make sure there that there is no fraudulent activity going on.  Because you only have a limited time to dispute a transaction(60 days).  If someone truly did steal from your account and you failed to realize it until several months later you would have zero recourse to get your money back.  So if you have learned anything from this..hopefully it is that you need to take a more proactive approach in handling your money.

Your next action should be a dispute with your bank.  As said you have 60 days, so you can dispute the last two months of transactions(about $120 in total).  The bank may or may not approve the dispute but if you get anything more than the $1 back you need to consider yourself very lucky.

Of course in the end if you still really think it is theft, then go to your local police station and file a theft report.  When you do I really hope you come back here and tell us what they told you.