determining

Complaint Review: Scott Celentano

• Submitted: Wed, January 05, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, April 08, 2011

• Reported By: mr_Goodbomb — Shepherdstown West Virginia United States of America
Scott Celentano
1334 BUCKS HILL RD Southbury, Connecticut United States of America

Scott Celentano guitar amp scammer broken paypal insurance Southbury, Connecticut

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Charles House - wait 30 days, use/abuse the item, then ask for your money back

I'm not sure if "music store" is correct, because it's just a guy. I purchased this item online, off Ebay, using PayPal, for just about $500. He shipped it with insurance, but packaged it very poorly. It arrived non-functioning. I mentioned it to him, he basically said "tough luck" and stopped responding. I spoke with PayPal, but as long as he sends SOMETHING, they don't back it any further. I took it the USPS, they said that the guitar amp was probably too poorly packaged to qualify for an insurance claim, but I filed one. I took some time, because our friend Scott was apprehensive about answering me. What an honest fella. By the time he did, and I made a claim, it was beyond the time limit to file a valid USPS insurance claim, and repeatedly denied. So, PayPal and USPS will not help, and Mr. Celentano says "tough luck" and stopped responding to calls or emails. Legal action is next, I suppose.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2011 01:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Scott-Celentano/Southbury-Connecticut-/Scott-Celentano-guitar-amp-scammer-broken-paypal-insurance-Southbury-Connecticut-679062. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Scott Celentano

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Charles House - wait 30 days, use/abuse the item, then ask for your money back

AUTHOR: Scottc99 - (United States of America)

Lets look at the facts: Item was listed on Ebay (with all the protection that Ebay offers), this person wanted to save a couple of dollars by waiting till the auction ended and purchase outside of Ebay, He paid $460 for an amp that was around $2k new. In my Ebay ad (posted with numerous pictures) I stated the item was used, was missing a knob or two, had numerous scratches (as shown in the pictures) and was sold 'as is'. The transaction went without a hitch, money exchanged, Amp shipped with tracking number and insurance intact. 30 days later, that's right, 30 days later, I get en email from him that the amp is making a buzzing noise and would like to work something out. I told him 30 days was too long to hold on to something (especially a professional Bass Amp) and that I had no way to  verify the usage of the equipment during such a long period. Had he contacted me earlier (say with 7 days) I would have entertained working something out, but 30 days!! Prior to sale, I had wanted to sell the amp to a local Music shop (Daddy's Music) but because of the cosmetics (their words) they offered very little for the amp, so I decided to give Ebay a whirl. This individual has called my home numerous times, sent numerous emails, filed disputes with Paypal , and generally harassed me about this. Lesson to learn from this is, when you purchase something that is used, verify that all is working at your earliest convenience, if it is sold 'as is' aka 'no returns' that's what that means 'No Returns'. Last but not least, don't spend your time harassing people, get on with your life. I stand by my Ebay listing and feedback score. Additionally, if the item was damaged in shipping, why did Mr House take 30 days to notice it? I agree with the USPS, 30 days is too long to wait to file a claim.