Complaint Review: Scotty's Towingl

• Reported By: Bornintheburgh — Belle Vernon Pennsylvania
Scotty's Towingl
Belle Veron, Pennsylvania USA

Scotty's Towing Tow and replaced battery Belle Vernon Pennsylvania

My car broke down, fortunately after I got home from work.  I did a search on local emergency towing and Scotty's came up first.  I called and they said they were located near me and could be there within 10 minutes and also offered repair services.

The next day I did not hear from them, so I called and was told by the office manager that the total bill was $411.  Now keep in mind, they never called to provie am estimate or gain approval to proceed with the repair.  I was surprised and expected to hear that a serious problem caused the breakdown, but no, it was simply a dead battery that was replaced.  I couldn't believe 10-minute tow and battery replacement could be $411.

I went to pick up the car and spoke to the owner.  He stood by his price despite my objections given the services rendered.  This was thievery.  Upon asking around with other mechanics and neighbors, I learned this is consistent behavior from Scotty's.  There are many similar stories of Scotty's over-charging for work.  Do not use this service - there are plenty of options in the area - this guy has no understanding of customer service and looks to take advantage of anyone who falls into his web.  He deserves to go out of business and the best way for that to occur is for business to dry up.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2013 04:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Scottys-Towingl/Belle-Veron-Pennsylvania-15012/Scottys-Towing-Tow-and-replaced-battery-Belle-Vernon-Pennsylvania-1102710. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Scotty's Towingl