Complaint Review: sean maxwell a.k.a sgt sean maxwell

• Submitted: Sun, May 23, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, October 01, 2012

• Reported By: lala — miami Florida United States of America
sean maxwell a.k.a sgt sean maxwell
durham, North Carolina United States of America

sean maxwell a.k.a sgt sean maxwell and john massey scammed me out of 3,500 for a 2003 mecerdes benz cl55 amg durham, North Carolina

*Consumer Comment: Sean C. Maxwell-Mercedes

*Consumer Comment: You were scammed

i was on craiglist looking for a car for my husband and we seen the mecerdes benz and it was a reasonable price so my husband said he wanted it so we contacted the seller which is sean maxwell.

I sent sean an email and he emailed back and told me that he had to contact ebay vechile protection program so the deal can go right.ok then he asked for my name and address so that they can put on the invoice.

I gave them my name and address and i recieved an email with ebay logo on which was the payment in voice it stated that i had to make the payment and as soon as i make the payment ebay will send me the information and the shipping.

so i ask how to make the payment and the ebay agent john massey told me through money gram but sean was on base and the only way he could recieve the money is through money gram.

So i went ahead and made the payment and he also gave me a fax number so i can fax the reciept to them once i did the transfer which i felt was legit.one i did the transfer he told me to email the agent telling them i made the payment and as soon as it was verified they were going to start the shippment process.

its been four days i havn't got no email and ive been emailing him and the agent i got no answer and then i contacted ebay asking for a refund and that when they told me that it was all a scam.

when i try to email back the agent which is john and sean which is the seller i got no answer and they scammed me for 3,500 i have all the emails and the reciept of the payment .

i have john massey address and i dont have an address for sean but i do have his email address and a fax number. i need help please some one help me i thought it was real and i really wanted to surpise my husband but i got scammed once again.

miami florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2010 11:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/sean-maxwell-aka-sgt-sean-maxwell/durham-North-Carolina-/sean-maxwell-aka-sgt-sean-maxwell-and-john-massey-scammed-me-out-of-3500-for-a-2003-mec-606529. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on sean maxwell a.k.a sgt sean maxwell

Sean C. Maxwell-Mercedes

AUTHOR: Hermit - (United States of America)

I am very familiar with Sean Conner Maxwell. He has taken much more from two people I know. I would like to know how the other person was represented to you that he had you send the money to. How was that other person identified to you and what address did you send that money gram to. I do not believe you posted that.

I do not know how to contact you personally but maybe the this site can advise us. As for getting your money back, an attorney could tell us that and what the statue of limitations are and if they very from state to state.

I just heard yesterday about the above mentioned second person. It is ironic that I found this site. I am sorry this happened to you. Chief Maxwell has a very long history including fraud, assault and impersonating a navy seal on and off base. He is on the move but he can be found. Let me know if I can help.

You were scammed

AUTHOR: David - (USA)

There is nothing you can do to get your $3,500 back. This scam has been going on for a while. ebay has nothing to do with craigslist. The ebay email was a fake also, so you can't sue ebay.

Once they have your "payment" you will never hear from them again and they move on to the next victim who answers their fake ad.

Learn from your mistake and never buy a car from craigslist unless you can meet the seller in person and test drive the car.