Complaint Review: Search-Placement.com

• Updated: Thu, July 04, 2013

• Reported By: BirdSupplies.com — Colorado Springs Colorado
Search-Placement.com
Colorado Springs, Colorado USA

Search-Placement.com Owner of 15 year old website with killer URL Colorado Springs Colorado

*UPDATE Employee: This report is completely false

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Review Blackmail at its finest

As a 15 year old business with a kller URL, I worked with Search-Placement.com with my account manager being Jesse Leeds.  During my 6 month arrangement with this company, their work resulted in my receivng a Google Penalty!  I'm a small boutique with about 500 niche products.

I signed up for a package called the "Big 3."  This company developed some social media marketing campaigns with Facebook and Pintrest.  They were to have built back links and finally improve the ROI on my adwords campaign.

While I orignally saw improved sales, the ROI began to diminish and decline from original marketing efforts within 3 months. First, Search-placement developed 2,500 extremely repetive Adwords ads that competed each other creating a horrible quality score. Next, while I gained tons of very low quality links, my account manager was aware of previous backlinks that were strictly against Google Webmsaster guidelines. [continued below]....

.....  Jesse Leeds admitted upon confrontation that he was worried that I'd have fired him had he advised me on how to avoid an Unnatural Link Penatly vs. continued building links.

In hindsite, I paid this company $6K to get a devastaing Google Unnatural Links Penalty and require professional, trustworthy adwords development.

Please don't make the same mistake that I made.

Diane B****

BirdSupplies.com

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/04/2013 07:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Search-Placementcom/Colorado-Springs-Colorado-80918/Search-PlacementcomnbspOwner-of-15-year-old-website-with-killer-URL-Colorado-Springs-Co-1064494. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Search-Placement.com

This report is completely false

AUTHOR: Jesse L - ()

Our work did not lead to a penalty. In fact, that was the exact reason that Diane Burroughs from birdsupplies.com saught our services. The site's traffic and rankings we steadily decreasing from BirdSupply's previous overseas SEO link building. This combined with the 2 major Google algorithm updates that caught the site by surprise prior to hiring our firm. This low quality SEO was communicated on several occassions on conference calls and email. No information withholding was ever done by our company nor myself as Diane is suggesting in the her RO Repoert. In fact, attached are 3 attached emails show that outsourced SEO firms were managing Birdsupplies.com's SEO during the same time that our firm began helping reverse the site's decline in rankings. This major decline prior to our work is mentioned by Diane in the emails. See attached. Contrary to Diane's statement, I never worried that she would fire us from performing our services by mean of suggesting that that the site's rankings were negatively affected by unnatrual links. Nor did I admit to worrying about it as she's reporting. This statement is completely false.

Regarding Diane's comment about AdWords ads, I'm happy to report that Diane previously expressed that she was greatly pleased with our work on her site's PPC. Here is a direct quote, " I think that you are correct that the most successful part of the Big Three campaign has been Austin’s work on the Google Adwords.  PPC has shown an excellent improvement in ROI and after 5 months, it appears that Austin really gets it. I’d like to discuss the possibility of continuing with Austin’s campaign."

To paint a more accurate picture, the ROI didn't suddenly begin to decrease 3 months after Birdsupplies retained our services. The decline was already occuring prior to the initiation of our campaign. Not to mention, the finger is being pointed at us, however Diane has used several SEO consultants over recent years. Meaning, the blame could be on several individuals for this unfortunate circumstance in which Diane's site is now facing. Diane Burroughs had very negative and hurtful things to say about her previous SEO consultants, so this should have been expected. Lesson learned.

Jesse L

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Review Blackmail at its finest

AUTHOR: Ereporter1 - ()

Dianne is misguided at best, and malicious at worst. She has basically attempted to black mail us over her bad business practices and her quotes are totally faked. It is documented in her emails to us that she had previously contracted another SEO firm (using some cheap overseas labor) and received a Google penalty. She hired us to attempt to remove the penalty, of which of course no promises were made (as she signed in our agreement), and we made good effort on deleting all the overseas spammmy links her site already had.

Still, though that helped her rankings improve somewhat, she had thousands of these bad links remaining. Google continues to tighten the noose on the Penguin updates and she gets a penalty and blames us. She then contacts us demanding free work or she will leave bad reviews online. It's poor practice and unethical, but that appears to be how she does business.