Complaint Review: SEARS CARDMEMBER SERVICES

• Updated: Mon, August 05, 2013

• Reported By: AL — LAKE GROVE New York
SEARS CARDMEMBER SERVICES
PO BOX 6027 COLUMBUS, Ohio USA

SEARS CARDMEMBER SERVICES LATE FEE AND INTEREST RIP OFF NOT JUSTIFIED COLUMBUS Ohio

*UPDATE Employee: Sears Cares

MY FIRST CREDIT CARD CHARGE WAS FOR 39.20  I SENT IN A CHECK FOR THAT AMOUNT, HOWEVER WHEN WRITTING OUT THE CHECK I PUT DOWN 39.20 AND WROTE IN 13.20

THE NEXT STATEMENT CAME IN WITH A 27.00 DOLLAR LATE FEE  WHICH I IMMEDIATLY CALLED AND FOUND OUT ABOUT THE ERROR. THE PERSON TOLD ME TO SEND IN THE BALANCE OF 26.00 DOLLARS AND ALL LATE FEES AND INTEREST CHARGES WILL BE REMOVED ON THE NEXT BILLING. I SENT IT THAT DAY. A LETTER CAME FROM SEARS SAYING THEY WOULD REMOVE ALL LATE FEES.

NOW I RECEIVED A NEW STATEMENT WITH ANOTHER LATE FEE OF 37.00 DOLLARS I PAID MY CHARGE AND NOW OWE 64.00 IN LATE FEES

AFTER CALLING SEARS I WAS INFORMED THAT IF I DO NOT PAY THESE FEES EACH MONTH THEY WILL ADD ANOTHER 37.00 DOLLARS EACH MONTH  THEY WERE   UN COOPERATIVE T  ON THE PHONE AND TOLD ME I HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO PAY NOW OR PAY A BIGGER BILL LATER.

THIS SEEMS LIKE A SCAM THAT THE CONSUMER HAS NO RIGHTS I CALLED BBB , CONSUMER FRAUD, ETC AND ALL I RECEIVED WAS A LEAVE A MESSAGE RECORDING. I AM A SENIOR ON A FIXED INCOME WHAT DO WE DO GIVE INTO ANYONE WHO CAN CATCH US IN THEIR SCAM NET?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/05/2013 03:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SEARS-CARDMEMBER-SERVICES/COLUMBUS-Ohio-57117/SEARS-CARDMEMBER-SERVICES-LATE-FEE-AND-INTEREST-RIP-OFF-NOT-JUSTIFIED-COLUMBUS-Ohio-1073269. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SEARS CARDMEMBER SERVICES

Sears Cares

AUTHOR: Sears Cares - ()

AL,

We're truly sorry for the frustration and confusion over your Sears account. We can help get you in touch with a supervisor with CitiBank if you'd like. Please understand that our stores do not outline the credit rules and guidelines and may not have even been aware of the account details. If you’d like our assistance with CitiBank, who handles all of Sears’ credit and financial matters, please send the following information  – contact #, screen name (AL), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com.  Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.
Liz R.