Complaint Review: Sears Craftsman Tractor a lemon and customer service is terrible!

• Submitted: Mon, April 29, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, April 30, 2013

• Reported By: Sears Craftsman Products Suck! — Mount Airy Maryland
Sears Craftsman Tractor a lemon and customer service is terrible!
3333 Beverly Road, B6-258b Hoffman Estates, Illinois USA

Sears Craftsman Tractor a lemon and customer service is terrible! Sears Holdings Corporation Sears Craftsman $3,600 tractor breaks down constantly and Sears Customer Service literally could not care less. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE! Hoffman Estates, Illinois

I just got the transmission replaced on my 3 yr old Craftsman Revolution model# 28933 and it broke down again after 2 hrs. of usage.

The Sears technician who came to my house told me 90 minutes ago said that the current problem is transmission related AGAIN and he recommends that I not get it fixed and take the tractor to the junkyard!  He specifically said that since the unit I bought is now outside the warranty and is well know to be a dud that he recommends IF I decide to buy another Sears tractor to purchase a simple and reliable $1000.00 Craftsman 917 model.

I only got 46.5 hrs. out of this tractor. That is totally unacceptable for a $4,000.00 machine ($3600 + $400 extended warranty)!   It was the same technician who replaced the transmission the first time and he was so embarrassed about having to come back so soon that he didn't charge me for the visit and told me to call Sears and cancel the visit as if he was never there.

When I called Sears Customer Service to "cancel" my appointment I brought up how frustrated I was and the next two representatives hung up on me (I was NOT being rude in any way shape or form).  Finally the 3rd representative (almost an hour wasted on the phone at this point) clearly could not care less about my dissatisfaction and she simply kept repeating that there was absolutely nothing that she could do.

I have purchased many generations of Sears/Craftsman/Kenmore washers, dryers, refrigerators, vacuum cleaners, pressure washers, patio deck furniture, mattresses, tools etc and so have all of my family and all I want to do is get the word out there that the Sears has LOST All OF MY BUSINESS due to this and I will never go into that store again.  Hopefully I will be able to get my family to agree to boycott them as well.  This was such a frustrating experience and I am DONE with Sears!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/29/2013 12:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears-Craftsman-Tractor-a-lemon-and-customer-service-is-terrible/Hoffman-Estates-Illinois-60179/Sears-Craftsman-Tractor-a-lemon-and-customer-service-is-terrible-Sears-Holdings-Corporati-1047055. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears Craftsman Tractor a lemon and customer service is terrible!