Complaint Review: Sears Home Improvement

• Updated: Tue, March 15, 2011

• Reported By: Pizazz — ruleville Mississippi United States of America
Sears Home Improvement
www.sears.com/homeimprovement Greenville, Mississippi United States of America

Sears Home Improvement Sears Heating & AC Faulty Kenmore Heating&Air Unit caused my house to catch on fire. Greenville, Mississippi

We applied for a Sears home improvement charge card to buy an AC/heating unit. We were approved for less than $5,000 but the unit cost $7,400. We were told we needed a huge unit for our home with a heating pump. As it turns out, we did not need a heating pump.

The heating unit would heat the house then blow cold air. We contacted Sears and they sent several repairmen who brought new parts but they never fixed the problem. Each time it would take 2 to 3 weeks for them to come out. My husband told them to come and get it because it was defective but they never did. We had to install gas heaters to make it through the winter.

Eventually they turned the account over to a collection agency who threatened suit. We told them to come and get the unit but they were only interested in collecting the money. Meanwhile the unit still did not work properly. We were prepared to go to court nut we never received a court date.

Because the unit would heat the house then cool it down again, it stayed on continuously. One night it caused the breakerbox to catch on fire. It caused thousands of dollars of damage.

Two weeks after that, Sears won a writ of garnishment against my husband for $14,000. They garnished my husbands bank account. They took every little bit plus his paycheck that goes direct deposit into that account. They also put a lien against our home which goes in the local newspaper and the unit still doesn't work. We are both God-fearing, law abiding, tax paying citizens and it hurts. We feel like we have been robbed.! We were already struggling. What are we suppose to do now? We don't know the laws. All my sons life I've taught him that good things happen to good people. What do I tell him now? Please advise.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/15/2011 02:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears-Home-Improvement/Greenville-Mississippi-/Sears-Home-Improvement-Sears-Heating-AC-Faulty-Kenmore-HeatingAir-Unit-caused-my-house-706104. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears Home Improvement