Complaint Review: Sears Home Services

• Updated: Thu, October 03, 2013

• Reported By: Customer — Cooperstown New York
Sears Home Services
359 Mile Crossing Blvd. Rochester, New York USA

Sears Home Services Original siding was installed poorly and inadequately; work was warranteed. Sears has not made repairs, nor returned calls in the 6 months I have tried to get them to honor their warranty. Rochester New York

*UPDATE Employee: SearsCares

Sears installed vinyl siding on my home using a sub-contractor who did poor and shoddy work.  The sub-contractor was since fired by Sears.  Sears had given me a warranty on the siding for as long as I live in this house, but they haven't honored it.

The siding desperately needs to be repaired - buckling in places, attachments pulling away from house b/c backing isn't in place, edging along roof wasn't put in, piece came off, another piece is hanging off, etc.  I have been trying for the past six months to get Sears to have someone come out to do the necessary repairs.  A contractor did come out about 5 months ago and did a complete evaluation of what needs to be done and I was told that it would take two or three days to do the work (the siding was installed that badly), but then he kept pushing back the date to do it because he was too busy with other jobs.

Since then, I have had no luck getting Sears to follow through.  It is rare that anyone will even rerturn my calls.  They now, once again, tell me that someone will come out to do an evaluation (which to my knowledge was already done once, but they don't seem to have a record of it).  I am still waiting to hear back as to when that might be.

I so regret my decision to have chosen Sears for the vinyl siding.  I thought that they were a reliable company, but am finding out that isn't the case.  Their Home Services is based about 3 hours from where I live, and they rely on sub-contractors, with apparently unknown reputations and reliability, to do the work.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/03/2013 10:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears-Home-Services/Rochester-New-York-14624/Sears-Home-Services-Original-siding-was-installed-poorly-and-inadequately-work-was-warra-1089205. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears Home Services

SearsCares

AUTHOR: Sears Cares - ()

Dear Customer,

We appreciate you for taking the time to reach out to us, and we’re sorry for the troubles encountered with the work done to your home. My name is Edwin and I’m with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. We’d like to talk to you and have one of our dedicated case manager look into this and assist you in this matter.  Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Customer10-3-13) and the phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize and we hope to speak with you soon.

Edwin C.