Complaint Review: Sears Hometown Store

• Updated: Fri, January 17, 2014

• Reported By: TickedOffCustomer — Forest Lake Minnesota
Sears Hometown Store
24139 Greenway Rd Forest Lake, Minnesota USA

Sears Hometown Store $2000 Fridge - Damaged on delivery - along with walls and wood trim Forest Lake Minnesota

I purchased a Samsung refridgerator and had it delivered on 12/15/13.  The two men that came to deliver it were not in any way experienced with moving large appliances - this was made painfully clear when they carried the fridge up my stairs and in the process exposed drywall and left deep gouges in the wall and wood trim.  Not only was my home damaged, the $2000 fridge was damaged in two different places.

I called the store manager and was told he would need to contact someone else to deal with it.  Several days later his father called me (he introduced himself as "the store managers dad").  He wanted to come over and look at the damage to see if he coud repair it.  We did not agree to this and instead filed a formal claim with Sears Corprate through their insurance.  That is still a work in progress to get the walls/wood work repaired.

I also asked for a resolution to the fridge being damaged. [continued below]....

.....  I was told that they would apply "touch-up" paint and refund the $70 delivery fee.  I did not feel this was an acceptable resolution - I didn't buy a damaged refridgerator and I did not want a "touch-up" of a brand new $2000 appliance.  I asked for the fridge to be returned and was told - and I quote -

"You aren't being very nice about this and I would prompt you to do some soul serching.  You're being unreasonable and I've been doing business for a long time and never worked with someone who is acting like you are about something so minor.  The damage isn't so bad that people will even notice it. I don't know why you're doing this - maybe you're just trying to prove a point"

I was not screaming, yelling, being insulting in any way - I was simply stating the facts of the situation.  The store managers dad (Peter) is completely taking this personally and I am looking at this from a consumer standpoint - and from a business standpoint.

Sears did the damage - they should take the fridge back.  I'm currently waiting on a call back from Peter.  We'll see how long it takes before I have to call back to get this fully resolved.  So far it's been a month - it's 1/17/14.

Bottom line - I would never in a million years recommend Sears or the Sears Hometown store as a place to buy appliances or do any business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/17/2014 09:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears-Hometown-Store/Forest-Lake-Minnesota-55025/Sears-Hometown-Store-2000-Fridge-Damaged-on-delivery-along-with-walls-and-wood-trim-1116291. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears Hometown Store