Complaint Review: SEARS Missoula, MT

• Updated: Wed, October 23, 2013

• Reported By: Sears Tire Ripoff — Missoula Montana
SEARS Missoula, MT
Missoula, Montana USA

SEARS Missoula, MT SearsSears MontanaSears MissoulaSears Auto Auto Center Manager bad customer service skills - called me a liar Missoula Montana

Ordered and paid over $800 for four tires from SEARS in Missoula. Paid for on the 11th of the month. Today is the 23rd and they do not know where my tires are. Isn't it ironic how they answer the phone with "This is . How may I earn your business today?" You cannot just say things and have us believe you have good customer service - you must put your time into actually 'practicing' good customer service. I was told by a young man that the tires I paid for would arrive Monday or Tuesday. He called back and left a msg saying they would not arrive by the time I needed them so he could put larger tires on my car. I called back to say No... I want the size that came on the car (a woman said she would place the order).

I called back next day and was told by the orig young man that they were not ordered but he would do it. When I called back several days later, the tires were still not there and they did not know where they were. A week after I was supposed to get them, I am told the UPS truck broke down and they do not have the tires and did not know when they would get them. I called Auto Mgr but he was gone home before 5 pm. Called Sears Store Mgr. He would not listen to my entire case but interrupted saying, "Well... let's get them!" He promised to speak to the Auto Ctr and call me in 30 min. He did. Said tires were on a broken down UPS truck but don't know when tires will arrive.

Told me he would speak to ROY - Auto Mgr. It has been 12 days and the store has not contacted me once to let me know the status. Called Joe, Sears Mgr back at 8 am he's not in yet (was not in when I called later either). Called Roy, Auto Ctr Mgr. When I told him the tires were supposed to be in last Monday or Tuesday, he said, "That is not true." I explained the entire sequence of events. He again said, "That is not true." I said, "Yes... it is true." As I made my case, he said, "That is a false statement." WHAT??? Dear SEARS, do you wonder why you are slipping in sales??

This could be why! Don't teach your Associate's to answer the phone with "How can I earn your business today?"... how about them trying to 'earn' my business? ... they already have my money ... how about following through? When I tried to get the name of the District Manager, the secretary for Mgr Joe did not know how to spell his name but thought it was Ron Derrea (no spelling/no phone #). When I called your nationwide 800 number, the foreign person gave me another 800# to call. Jen at Corporate Customer Service would not give me the name of the District Manager either but first wanted my name, phone, address, zip, email.

Said she couldn't help me without it. She put me on hold then to look up his name/number. Came back to say they needed an email or they could not help me. I have been a loyal Sears customer for years. My grandparents were loyal Sears customers. I will think long and hard before purchasing anything from Sears again. At present, my TV is from Sears... as is my Washer/Dryer, most auto parts - batteries/chargers etc, as is my Lawn mower and tractor and weed eater and... the list goes on! You just lost a great customer Sears. I called and asked for a refund on my tire purchase ... and oil change. There goes close to $900 Sears!

I will drive 2 hours out of town to get my tires now. Glad I called a real Tire Store!! I found out, not only will the same tires be LESS EXPENSIVE but they also come with a $70 Rebate from the tire manufacturer and Nationwide Service (unlike the same ones I originally purschased through Sears. Needless to say, I will not be going to Sears for anything. How can you EARN my business, SEARS?? Hire good managers with great Customer Service Skills .. and not managers who tell your customers they are lying! Unbelievable.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/23/2013 08:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SEARS-Missoula-MT/Missoula-Montana-59812/SEARS-Missoula-MT-SearsSears-MontanaSears-MissoulaSears-Auto-Auto-Center-Manager-bad-cus-1093999. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SEARS Missoula, MT