Complaint Review: Sears Online Parts

• Updated: Tue, August 13, 2013

• Reported By: Mark — Bath New York
Sears Online Parts
Hoffman Estates Hoffman Estates, Illinois USA

Sears Online Parts Searss Craftsman misrepresented parts available, charged my account and 30 days later still have not refunded money Hoffman Estates Illinois

*UPDATE Employee: Sears Cares

July 11th ordered parts from Sears on line parts was told had to order individual parts not kit but manual state there was a kit. My debit card was immediatley charged  $ 149.93 Suppose to have parts on 15 July called to verify I was told that the main part I would need was back ordered until October. This is for a lawn Tractor this was not much help. Secured parts from a local vendor who had kit and all parts in stock and I was able to purchase for $ 97.00 the exact parts?

July 16th I cancled parts they said I could not I had to wait until parts were shipped to me, however they would cancel the back order and credit my account with that money 5 - 10 business days. July 18th called again to get return label 2nd time I was told they would send it by email but it could take 24 hours July 19th they call to tell me that they cannot cancel the backordered part I will have to wait for it to be sent. I became Irrate and said I was not going to wait until October, they then explained the part was already made should be here in 5 - 10 days. No return labels came until July 23rd along with missing shaft.

I never opend the boxes just attache3d the labels sent the first one from a UPS office and the second from the drop box they told me to use because store was closed. Parts were sent back on July 24th and 26th respectavley. They canceled the shipping charges on July 24th for $ 15.99. since I had canceled the order on July 15th.

August 13th They still have not refunded the money. The lady confirmed they have recieved both boxes that I have never opened. She says there are no notes so she will have someone contact me in 2 -4 business days.

I have probably spent over 20 hours calling and messing around not to mention the aggrivation of taking $ 150.00 of my money and not returning it. It is not alot of money but I really could use it especially after having to purchase the parsts elsewhere. I feel this intentional at this point just to get me to give up so they can keep the money. Needless to say I will not shop there again and I have bought everything from tools, appliances to lawn equipment since I was 16 I am now 52. I am not sure if they are going to refund my money but I intend to lodge compliants everywhere I can about this company and how corrupt and disreputable they have become.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/13/2013 08:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears-Online-Parts/Hoffman-Estates-Illinois-60179/Sears-Online-Parts-Searss-Craftsman-misrepresented-parts-available-charged-my-account-a-1075373. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears Online Parts

Sears Cares

AUTHOR: Sears Cares - ()

Mark,

My name is Liz and I am with the Sears Social Media Support Team.  I found your comment here and want to offer some assistance.  We sincerely apologize for the disappointing experience you have encountered regarding your parts order.  We can certainly understand your frustrations with not receiving your refund in a timely manner.   We would like to speak with you about your recent experience and address your concerns.  At your earliest convenience please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name that you have been assigned to reference your post (Mark1075373), to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Liz R.