Complaint Review: Sears outlet

• Updated: Sun, July 20, 2014

• Reported By: Bruce — Middletown Delaware
Sears outlet
49 university plaza route 273 and chapman rd. Newark, Delaware USA

Sears outlet Upon delivery of refrigerator they droped it and damaged it. The store advised me to accept delivery and they will repair the damages. 6 months later the damage still exsists and I was denied a refund because they told me my 30 day refund policy was up Newark Delaware

I purchased a refrig. from sears outlet in newark,de. in feb.2014. Upon delivery they droped it on my porch. I called the store and was advised by the mgr. to accept delivery and they would repair the damages. 5 months later and several wrong doors being delivered to my house I finally recieved to right doors,I thought. I again called the store to have a tech repair the damages. 1 month later the tech arrived and after working on it for appx. 2 hours he informed me the doors were still the wrong doors. I again called the store and was told to pick out another refrig. I recently totally remodeled my entire kitchen and wanted the refrig. to match all the other appliances. And after researching I found only the Fridgeadaire thay I had purchased was the only match as my other appliances were also fridgedaire products. I then requested a full refund of the purchase price. I was told "NO" by the store mgr. I then called sears outlet coustomer service and was told I am not eligable for a refund because the 30 day refund policy period has expired. This 6 month delay was brought upon by Sears outlet and their employees only. I did not damage the refrig. Nors was it my fault it took 6 months to finally get a repairman to fix it. Bottom line Im stuck with a cosmeticlly damaged refrig. only because sears outlets poor customer service department.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2014 07:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears-outlet/Newark-Delaware-19702/Sears-outlet-Upon-delivery-of-refrigerator-they-droped-it-and-damaged-it-The-store-advis-1163503. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears outlet