Complaint Review: Sears Protection Agreement Center

• Submitted: Tue, January 01, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, January 01, 2008

• Reported By:Lewes Delaware
Sears Protection Agreement Center
2080 Brentwood Street High Point, North Carolina U.S.A.

Sears Protection Agreement Center Request to extend warranty when the original warrenty was not honored High Point North Carolina

When relocating from Ohio to Delaware and traveling to old residence, my wife informed me of the failure of our riding lawn mower on a Friday evening. This was the night before I traveled to old residence to move. First light on Sunday morning when I had the chance to check out the equipment I had found the parts that were bad. I called first light on Monday morning, explained when the problem had arisen and was told that the warranty ran out on Sunday. I requested a Supervisor, to no avail the same answer. All the while the representative of Sears and roebuck failed to take into consideration when the parts failed previous to the end of warranty.

I was finally transfered to the head of Customer Service for Sears and Roebucks. She said she understood completely and then proceeded to inform me that the computer! would not let her to agree to the service agreement. I explained that my job was like her's and I was very surprised that a computer dictates what is morally right or wrong.

I explained, no more products from Sears ever again (since 1983) and 6 households of appliance's have been purchased. They lost a customer. The cost to me was $340 for a three year warranty that was used once, by the way they could not fulfill there requirement to come to site, so they shipped me the parts and I fixed myself.

But most important, they sent a "Important Notice" for me to extend my warranty for numerous years to come for the same price of the original warranty for "one year"!

Never again!

Joe
Lewes, Delaware

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/01/2008 08:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears-Protection-Agreement-Center/High-Point-North-Carolina-27263/Sears-Protection-Agreement-Center-Request-to-extend-warranty-when-the-original-warrenty-wa-296054. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears Protection Agreement Center