Complaint Review: Sears

• Updated: Fri, August 30, 2013

• Reported By: tf13 — Waxahachie Texas
Sears
3333 Beverly Road Hoffman Estates, Illinois USA

Sears Sears does not stand behind their product or warranty's! Hoffman Estates Illinois

*UPDATE Employee: SearsCares

I bought a Kenmore Elite from Sears a year ago and was sold on the fact that things with front load washers had changed and improved, but that has not been the case.  I have a 5 year warranty on the machine and had them come out to address the mildew issue and they came out and told me there was nothing they could do.  A few weeks later I had them come out to address the leaking out the front of the washer and was told I would have to wait 7-10 days.  They had no concern with the fact I would have to wait 7-10 days to do laundry.  The techician came out and said the leak is a maintanence issue and that there was nothing they could do and since they had been out twice and nothing was wrong with the machine I would be charged for any additional visits.  The fact that my washer leaks out onto my floor is more than a maintence issue.  On top of that why did I buy a 5 year warranty just to have them tell me after two visits it was not good.  What kind of warranty is that?  So I am left with a smelly washer that leaks and have paid for a warranty that is worthless.  What I keep getting form sears is that its my fault.  I have a clean house, I am not one of those filthy people, but everytime I hear back from sears customer service they refer back to my cleaning and maintaining my appliance.  I built a home and bought all new appliances from Sears and hindsight now I will never buy another product from Sears / Kenmore again.  It is by far the worst product and customer service ever.  I can't even remove the drawer to clean underneath the washer or dryer.  When I asked the technician he says I just have to move the whole unit and suck it up.  It's just part of owning a front load.  If there is one thing I can suggest is to never buy a front load and never waster you money at sears.  They will not back up their warranty or product!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/30/2013 08:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears/-Hoffman-Estates-Illinois-60179/Sears-Sears-does-not-stand-behind-their-product-or-warrantys-Hoffman-Estates-Illinois-1080449. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears

SearsCares

AUTHOR: Sears Cares - ()

Dear tf13,

We apologize for the troubles you’ve been having with your washer, and how the repair for the same was handled. My name is Edwin and I’m with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. We would like to look into this further and provide you any assistance deemed necessary. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (tf13), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Edwin C.