Complaint Review: SEARS

• Updated: Wed, September 09, 2009

• Reported By: sertraline1 — China Grove North Carolina USA
SEARS
carolina mall concord, North Carolina United States of America

SEARS sears roebuck kenmore refrigeratoris junk, service is terrible, kept cancelling appts to fix their own product, bad customer service concord, North Carolina

I have bought a Kenmore refrigerator from Sears and I will never buy Kenmore products or shop for appliances at Sears ever again.

The factory warranty was for 1 year.  Three months after my purchase, the entire refrigerator goes on the fritz.

I contact the Sears service department and we set up an appointment for a repairman to come and fix the problem.  The date was set and I was told the person would be there sometime between 8:00 am and 12:00 pm.

I took half a day off work and waited.  And waited.  And waited.  At around 11:45 they called to informed me that it would have to be rescheduled, as they were very busy.

Another date was set, and this time the repairman would arrive between 12:00 pm and 5:00 pm.

My husband took a half a day off, since I did it the first time.  And he waited.  And waited.

They called him at 4:00 pm wanting to set another date, this time for a few days later.

We've been without a refrigerator for approximately 10 days by this point.

So, at last, the third appointment day arrives, and I'm at home waiting for a repairman to materialize sometime between noon and 5:00.

They call me to attempt to reschedule.  I'm not having it.  I politely but firmly told the caller that this is my second vacation day wasted on a busy repairman, and I would appreciate one showing up today.

She puts me through to a supervisor, and I repeat my grievance.  After 10 minutes of this, she finally says one will show up that day, come hell or high water.

Mr. Repairman comes knocking at my door at 4:00 pm.  Now he was very nice, probably as a result of the phone call he received from the supervisor I chatted with.  I was nice too.

In the end, the compressor had gone bad in my brand new refrigerator.  The compressor is only the main machine in the entire appliance.  It puts the "frig" in refrigerator.

It's like buying a new car and having the motor blow up 3 months later.

Kenmore appliances aren't fit to be scrap metal.  Don't bother with them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/09/2009 04:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SEARS/concord-North-Carolina-/SEARS-sears-roebuck-kenmore-refrigeratoris-junk-service-is-terrible-kept-cancelling-appt-492392. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SEARS